Things to do in Boulder, Colorado?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Things to do in Boulder, Colorado?

Post by T200 »

Bedlam 0-0-0 wrote:Image
I have at least 5 books by Uncle Fester, including that one.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Things to do in Boulder, Colorado?

Post by Bram »

There was a lot of stuff I didn't get to, but I thought I'd share some highlights.

There are 6 recreational pot shops in Boulder, I visited one called Fresh Baked. It was an interesting and laid back experience shopping there (free video games while you wait, lots of selection).

I tried inner tubing boulder creek, which was very unsafe. After luckily escaping, I ended up getting out and skateboarding/walking it a few times on different days. Beautiful place.

Went to Jax, which had great seafood and a good happy hour (6$ high end martinis, some excellent oysters).

I loved the Boulder Bookstore and checked out Red Letter which had a very broad selection.

There was a tea house on Pearl Street which was a nice relaxing break:

https://www.kuchatea.com/index_d.php

There was free yoga everyday at the Prana store, at various times each day, but I stayed busy - for another time.

Valmont Bike Park is amazing, free and the biggest and best maintained county park in the country - tons of jumps, slalom course, slopestyle course, cross country course, pump track, etc., all separated by difficulty level. It was a highlight and open from dawn to dusk everyday. I rented a high-end dual suspension bike from Bicycle Village, 80 bucks for 24 hours which was expensive, but my first time on a bike like that.

Tried bouldering at "the spot" gym. Lots of fun, and very cheap for a day pass.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."