This Amy's Baking Co. thing is entertaining

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

This Amy's Baking Co. thing is entertaining

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

So, these crazy people have a restaurant that is getting criticized on the Internet, and they are spazzing out to a Jeekian degree. They call in Gordon Ramsay, and shit gets crazy:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg[/youtube]

Since this all went down (spoiler: he says "You guys are fucking nuts" and leaves), they're getting hassled all over the place.

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: This Amy's Baking Co. thing is entertaining

"I AM WONDER WOMAN. I AM A GREAT CHEF, A GREAT WIFE, AND A GREAT MOM TO MY KIDS. AND WE WILL BE PARENTS TO A HUMAN KID, ONE DAY TO. WE WILL SHOW ALL OF YOU."
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

SEE! WE WILL GET YOU

Big LOL at the font change.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

milosz

Post by milosz »

Holy fucking shit

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

We watch Ramsey and sometimes Bar Rescue.

Let's see your restaurant or bar is losing it's ass. You call in a man who made a fortune in the bizz and you decide it's best to argue with him? Fucking stupid. I'm waiting for "I'm Gordon Fucking Ramsey mate! I made a fuckload of cash doing this shit before I ever got on TV so shut your fucking mouth or I'm going home to fuck my hot mistress and get some food that's not fucking disgusting like the shit you serve!

A lot of times I suspect it's a writing thing to gin up drama but in this case maybe not.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I bet her food is disgusting, look at who's dick she sucks? Bitch aint got no taste.

You know that guy had a lot of money and that's what made her legs spread.

Hope she's raped by niggers, as Mel would say. \:D/

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

There was a now-deleted analysis on Reddit stating this was most likely a money-laundering operation.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Looks like Dale Saren has found the perfect client.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

The guy looks lie the POS who owned half the crack houses in my old hood in S. Fla.

I had a feeling he had some other income to keep letting his cunt act like that.

In that one scene he says "I'm the gangster here!"

So, you boys still think that there might not be a point where some bitches need a pimp slap?

It might save her life.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Reality TV is some fakey shit.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

milosz

Post by milosz »

I'm constantly amazed by the confidence of people who are unbelievably bad at what they do but continue to do it and believe they're amazing - writing, art, fighting, cooking.

I'm curious how different it is to lack the gene for self-criticism (and self-awareness).

Kraj 2.0
Gunny

Post by Kraj 2.0 »

Most of the time people sign up for these shows not because they know they're clueless but because they think being on the show will give them the publicity to spark their business. Few of them really want the expert's advice. You gotta also figure the producers favor the clueless tards over the smart folks who genuinely want the expert's help. It makes for better TV.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Did couch make an appearance, that's where he lives in a blackout curtained house with gin and ganj deliveries on the hour

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

I'm giving this place five stars because the owner, Samy, threatened me on Facebook with bodily injury if I don't write nice things about his restaurant.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

They are crazy as fuck.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

We do not feel the need to make any excuses for our behavior on tonight’s show.
However we would like to make the following statement:
We do not, nor have we ever stolen or taken any of our servers ,waitresses, or waiters tips at Amy’s Baking Company.
We pay our staff members anywhere between $8.00 to $14.00 per hour to ensure that at the end of the week regardless of it being busy or not, that they go home with money and a well paid paycheck. As do many other restaurants.
They are aware of this when they are hired.
I would challenge any of our employees past or present to come forward with proof that we have ever done such a horrible thing.
Uh, your husband said so on camera, even when he was asked repeatedly for clarity.

Woman is fucking psycho.

And that dude, ha, "I'm the gangster, not you". That was classic. Love them or hate them, this is the time when you want the Diaz brothers to have a kitchen show.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Her real name is Amanda Patricia Bossingham. The court ordered her to pay $36,294.95 in restitution. Ms. Bossingham plead guilty to submitting an application for a line of credit with M & I Bank using the social security number of another person. The Bank approved the line of credit in the amount of $15,000. On June 15, 2004, the Court sentenced her to fourteen months prison. (she appealed, but eventually lost, reported to prison in Oct, 7, 2008)
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Gordon Ramsay is on TV now? Is this thing his show? If it is, I take it that the people actually knew who he is?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

milosz

Post by milosz »

He's been on American TV for five or six years at least.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Terry B. wrote:Gordon Ramsay is on TV now? Is this thing his show? If it is, I take it that the people actually knew who he is?
He's a celebrity chef worth something over $150M. People know him.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

milosz wrote:He's been on American TV for five or six years at least.
I suppose that I don't watch that much TV.
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Terry B. wrote:Gordon Ramsay is on TV now? Is this thing his show? If it is, I take it that the people actually knew who he is?
I don't know that many people know who top chefs are. I didn't realize that he was on TV in the US or wouldn't have asked.

The woman in the video obviously has issues and is being enabled by her husband for some reason. They mentioned that he was from Vegas - if you dig a bit into his past (or present) a few other side businesses would likely come up as there is no way that he would simply sit back and lose money operating a place like that.

That being said, this could be a good thing for them - sort of a southwest Soup Nazi, though the Soup Nazi had the benefit of actually knowing how to cook. I mean, admit that if you were in the area, you would want to stop by to have a look at the commotion.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kraj 2.0
Gunny

Post by Kraj 2.0 »

Ramsay has at least 4 shows that have been on U.S. TV for years now... Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, Hotel Hell... All his shows are on FOX, though, so if you don't watch that channel you might not be that familiar with him.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
In addition, this FOX show is a US offshoot of his popular, UK-based Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, where he actually goes into the restaurant and fixes the issues IN THE KITCHEN. Weird I know - a cooking show that focuses on the food. The UK ones are great TV - he swears a lot (although UK'ers seems to tolerate it much better), but at least the purpose of the show is to help and he seems to really care about these people. The focus is on the food, chef's being leaders, and fixing dysfunction in the kitchen in order to make better food.

The US show is a silly FOX ripoff, designed, written and edited for confrontation with very little actual cooking.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:The US show is a silly FOX ripoff, designed, written and edited for confrontation with very little actual INSERT HERE.
Which is why BBC programming generally kicks the living fuck out of US programming. The rare occasions that Stateside TV doesn't talk down to its audience (mostlyy on cable) the shows are fantastic and can stand right next to american film in terms of quality.

Sadly, because the SAG is populated mostly with talentless models and props, we still need to frequently steal UK actors to put on a remotely decent show.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill