What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:44 am Do you know any community activists? Any people organizing protests and demonstrations? Do you know any people who've marched? Why they marched? Any black people who have been "tuned up?" Anyone assaulted at the marches? Or first hand experience with racism? Close connections to people who have had first had experience with these things?
I know one. She runs a local advocacy group and ran for office. We grew up together and she is my friend. She is also an utterly deranged lesbian with a personality disorder and an actual sexual predator of women. All of my crew growing up were pretty rough, but she is legit among the most insane people I know, and I know some killers. I tend to agree with Uncle Ted's assessment of leftists: they suffer from a very deep well of inadequacy that they try to transcend through censorious and false moralizing behavior.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:46 am Absolutely not.

What I think is that we need to get a handle on this shit.

Police need to start tackling and stop shooting people in the back.
Why bother when they're banned from using restraining holds and chokes? That what Officer Chauvin did and look where that got us.

newguy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:46 am Police and government need to be very clear on what are protests and what are riots. Respect the first and stop the second.

What we don't need is armed militias and ex military taking shit into their own hands because they want to tune up thugs.

Nothing good comes from that nonsense.
People need to shoot rioters on sight like the good old days, and the cops need to help them do it. That's the American way.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

newguy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:44 am
DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 am
newguy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm I don't support armed militias coming into cities to tune up "thugs."
If we switch "thugs" for "Nazis", does this not exactly describe Antifa and BLM?

I submit that at this time both groups comprise Amurikkka's largest and most destructive militias.
It's difficult to find common ground because all of us come at this from our own set of experiences and we filter what we see through those experiences.

For example, when you equate BLM with one of America's most destructive militias.

I don't know what your experience with BLM is. I don't know how you filter "BLM" or lens you see them through.

Do you know any community activists? Any people organizing protests and demonstrations? Do you know any people who've marched? Why they marched? Any black people who have been "tuned up?" Anyone assaulted at the marches? Or first hand experience with racism? Close connections to people who have had first had experience with these things?

I am not trying to be a sanctimonious dick. I am genuinely curious.

I understand the multitude of viewpoints on this. I have close family, friends, connection and experiences on all sides of these things. Some of differing viewpoints are rooted in real fear. One close acquaintance lost a business in the looting.

Fuck the looters.

But I do not equate BLM with the looters and rioters.

I have just as many people who are sick of seeing guys who should have been tackled shot in the back. And their sense of outrage and injustice is rooted in their and their families and their friends very real experiences. They are organize, they march, they are trying to enact what they see as positive changes though activism and protests.

They are not looters or thugs.
Thoughtful stuff and I accept that you're not trying to be sanctimonious.

FWIW I was a skinny white kid from a housing project who saw deep black poverty in the south and also went to an inner city HS in the north. My race relations experience has run the gamut.

I'm very much for blm but not BLM - "What do we want, dead cops. When do we want them, now". I support social justice, including ending racist 2nd amendment restrictions, for the black community, but do not support SJW's. I regret the excesses of the War On Drugs but support the police most of the time. One of the most important things we can do for America is to bring more black citizens into the middle and upper classes which is partially why I support Trump over Biden.

I think Antifa...BLM...KKK...White Nationalists are different versions of the same evil but BLM and Antifa are much better at it and a more immediate danger. And, they are violent militias.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

There’s a flip side that we’ve already seen— firing, doxing, and criminally charging cops involved in hot button issues doesn’t seem to lessen protests at all and may backfire if courts decide in their favor. This trend seems likely to change police behavior, not necessarily in good ways.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Something not often mentioned is that police uses of lethal force are are about half as frequent as they used to be and the time to charge when a cop is charged with a crime has shortened dramatically. Chauvin was charged in something like 72 hours. Is that a good thing? Depends. If he walks because he was overcharged in the rush will anyone learn the proper lessons? Or will we just burn a few dozen more family businesses?
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Phones with cameras have become a force for change, that’s for sure.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Re looting, NPR just profiled an author strongly defending it as a tactic. I read the piece, and there's little awareness thst only the super committed left are not put off by this. Zero pushback. Only insurance companies are hurt, small businesses being part of a community is a right wing myth, the idea of property is white supremacy, yada, yada.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch ... of-looting

It's complete bullshit and dangerously so. The harder the left pushes these ideas and the more they fail to protect ordinary daily life the more normies are going to say "Fuck it, I'll do it myself if I have to." We aren't breaking all-time gun sales records because the NRA launched an ad campaign. They're preoccupied right now. The left has convinced a record wave of first-time gun owners that even if they don't want a gun, they NEED a gun.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I'm as confident as I was in 2016 that Trump will win at this point (with the usual caveats about long way to go etc etc). NIXON 1972 tier victory.

I have no idea about the House and Senate though?

Any thoughts?

Good analysis?

Nixon's landslide did not carry over.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Schlegel wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 pm Re looting, NPR just profiled an author strongly defending it as a tactic. I read the piece, and there's little awareness thst only the super committed left are not put off by this. Zero pushback. Only insurance companies are hurt, small businesses being part of a community is a right wing myth, the idea of property is white supremacy, yada, yada.

It's complete bullshit and dangerously so. The harder the left pushes these ideas and the more they fail to protect ordinary daily life the more normies are going to say "Fuck it, I'll do it myself if I have to." We aren't breaking all-time gun sales records because the NRA launched an ad campaign. They're preoccupied right now. The left has convinced a record wave of first-time gun owners that even if they don't want a gun, they NEED a gun.
I agree with both of those. My two best friends are now gun owners. They live in the whitest, safest city in a 50 mile residence but are convinced anarchy is at their doorstep. She did not vote for Trump in 2016. She is probably voting for him in 2020.

But I do not think it is a clear cut as the left is making this happen and there is more at play than just that.

I will go back to a question I posed earlier.

At least in my city, why did the police violently attack protesters and later that night allow rioting and looting?

They literally tear gassed and beat peaceful protesters and literally watched rioting and looting.

At one point the protesters were doing more to try and protect businesses than the police.

That is not hypothetical and it is not politics. I watched that shit with my own two eyes.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Schlegel wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 pm Re looting, NPR just profiled an author strongly defending it as a tactic. I read the piece, and there's little awareness thst only the super committed left are not put off by this. Zero pushback. Only insurance companies are hurt, small businesses being part of a community is a right wing myth, the idea of property is white supremacy, yada, yada.

I would have been really impressed if they did this interview during the annual pledge drive.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

And since we’re on the subject of the morality of stealing, happy birthday short straw!

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

-When BLM decided to put on the mantle of Marxism/Maoism, they lost their way. Most the goal post from insuring equality of opportunity to equality of outcome, and you are finished in America.

-When Doxxing people became ok, progressives lost their way. You know who usually doesn't dox? American blacks, because culturally they find in abhorrent to snitch. It's always some pathetic white person doxxing. Also, latinos generally don't dox.

-Kindi's Racism/Antiracism is an either/or fallacy. His creed is simply racism reversed onto white people.

-A dude on FB claimed that he was at the protests nightly in Portland and they weren't violent. When I cued up all the videos of wrist rocket/ball bearing assaults on building and federal officers and the lasers, and the vandalism and the arson, he said "that only happened around the building".

-the civil leadership of these towns needs to be held accountable.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

newguy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:49 pm

I agree with both of those. My two best friends are now gun owners. They live in the whitest, safest city in a 50 mile residence but are convinced anarchy is at their doorstep. She did not vote for Trump in 2016. She is probably voting for him in 2020.

But I do not think it is a clear cut as the left is making this happen and there is more at play than just that.

I will go back to a question I posed earlier.

At least in my city, why did the police violently attack protesters and later that night allow rioting and looting?

They literally tear gassed and beat peaceful protesters and literally watched rioting and looting.

At one point the protesters were doing more to try and protect businesses than the police.

That is not hypothetical and it is not politics. I watched that shit with my own two eyes.
What is the party in control of the City? DEM or GOP?

Obv the Left is not the DEM pols just as the Right is not the GOP pols.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Feds can do what they want now in Oregon.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/statemen ... ng-federal

vern

Post by vern »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:15 pm And since we’re on the subject of the morality of stealing, happy birthday short straw!
Lol!
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

newguy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:48 pm
Hanglow Joe wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:48 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:10 pm Legal question, since as SPELLS pointed out, I'm just not that bright: is it open carry if you're carrying it on private property you were invited on to by the owner?
Spells is the dumbest motherfucker on here. Has been for years. Kid deserves a silver star for killing 3 criminals in self defense. Has the situational awareness of a Jedi.

Just spoke with my buddy who is an army vet. Lots of talk about these ex military guys getting a group and fixing the problem if the governors don't. Guys who haven't adjusted well to being home again and are itching tune up domestic terrorists.
This is pretty clear. Group of ex military guys who haven't adjusted. Not happy with that they see as governors not fixing the problems of urban unrest. They can't wait to "tune up" the looters and rioters.

That's not okay.

I mean, are you really okay with this?
Did you feel left out when I nominated Spells? I'm completely okay with it. Those ANTIFA fucks have burned Portland for 100 days. The mayor and governor have let it turn into a war zone.

Military types see the shitholes in the Middle East and vow to clean it up as their duty. When they come home and see this bullshit, it makes them think, not on my lawn.

Don't rally around a black guy with a warrant out for his arrest for sexual assault who was NOT COMPLYING with the police and carrying a knife.

The true criminals are the Governors and Mayors letting this happen.

Never has Atlas Shrugged made so much sense.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I’m all for firehosing these people with ice water, and the Dems need to have a Sistah Souljah moment on this, but...

This shit didn’t happen under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama. It happened under Trump, after 3 years of his bullshit.

The idea that Trump is the cure and not the cause is stupid.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:48 pm I’m all for firehosing these people with ice water, and the Dems need to have a Sistah Souljah moment on this, but...

This shit didn’t happen under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama. It happened under Trump, after 3 years of his bullshit.

The idea that Trump is the cure and not the cause is stupid.
Are you borderline personality disorder?

Because you're acting like it.

You've gone from "this isn't happening your crazy" to "it's your fault I'm acting so crazy because I'm not crazy so it is you not me who is crazy".

There were HUGE race riots under Obama.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

More mostly peacefull protests. A murder occurred. You can hear them identify a Trumper, and then immediately execute him. There's more video, multiple livestreams, apparently.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Schlegel wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:49 pm

More mostly peacefull protests. A murder occurred. You can hear them identify a Trumper, and then immediately execute him. There's more video, multiple livestreams, apparently.
Nixon 1972

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

So this is the Democratic campaign message now.
20200830_120251.jpg
20200830_120251.jpg (103.17 KiB) Viewed 3557 times

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

*drugged out Borderline Personality White Woman Screams and Screams and Screams*

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Schlegel wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:05 pm So this is the Democratic campaign message now.

20200830_120251.jpg
It's pretty much the core message of both parties right now.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Hey now...maybe we should just wait for the facts to come out before we jump to any conclusions.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

newguy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Hey now...maybe we should just wait for the facts to come out before we jump to any conclusions.
Is that allowed now? I was assured waiting for investigations is racist.