Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
greenghost
Gunny

New Gateway System

Post by greenghost »

Picked up the following last month on Black Friday:

Gateway 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 gigs, 3 gigs memory with a decent Geforce 8500 graphics card.

Gateway 24" widescreen LCD Monitor with speaker bar , HP wireless color printer, with a wireless board and mouse.

Multi -Tasking is a breeze. Vista Premium is much better than XP.

Very good system but not as good for gaming as the one my son is building ( liquid cooled, 2 GeForce 8800 Ultras, Raptor Drive , etc. Need this to play Crysis !

Eddie
" Once You've Walked Through The Fire Unscathed, Nothing Else Can Ever Burn " USMC

jakeischillin

Re: New Gateway System

Post by jakeischillin »

Sounds like a bargain. I can't stand Vista though.

Topic author
greenghost
Gunny

Post by greenghost »

Jack

What compatibility issues ? I've admitted to no such thing. Nothing wrong with Vista as long as you have enough RAM. However, I did love Windows ME !
" Once You've Walked Through The Fire Unscathed, Nothing Else Can Ever Burn " USMC

Dave

Post by Dave »

My GF just got a Sony Vaiao CR220e/r laptop duo core 2, 2gb ram, 200gb hard drive. Vista Home Premium.
This is the first time I've used Vista. I was going to wipe it and put XP on it, but after playing with it, and letting her try it I think we are going to leave it on.
All she does is write papers in Word, research on the web & surf

THe laptop is nice, 5.5 lbs with battery. 14.1 screen is actually very nice. MY laptop has a 17" screen and I thought the smaller one would be tiny.
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

For similar tasks (read, write, surf, etc) I have a used P4 laptop running Ubuntu that I am very happy with. The only thing I need to add is a trackball or mouse, since I be hatin' on a touchpad.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.