Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Shave Cream

Post by GoDogGo! »

http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc ... _7c4453577

Bah. I got it for my gym bag because I couldn't find my old (Palmolive) brand and it is compact. Over time it dries out/becomes thicker and thicker, eventually being useless.

So now I picked up King of Shaves brand shaving gel, and I'll see how that is. When I got home with it the first thing I saw on the TV was the KOS speedboat wiping out in a terrible crash, so I hope that wasn't a bad omen.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Neutrogena Skin Clearing Shave Cream

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

It works better with the KOS oil, or the Shave Secret oil is even better than the KOS oil.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

A safety razor, a badger brush, and real shaving cream is the best. Your dad / grandpa knew best.

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

onealjn wrote:A safety razor, a badger brush, and real shaving cream is the best. Your dad / grandpa knew best.
Yes, and that's what I have at home. This is for the gym bag. MUg and soap and brush don't travel so well.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

GoDogGo! wrote:
onealjn wrote:A safety razor, a badger brush, and real shaving cream is the best. Your dad / grandpa knew best.
Yes, and that's what I have at home. This is for the gym bag. MUg and soap and brush don't travel so well.
Do you still use a safety at the gym?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Fuck that. The skill involved in the use of a safety razor is ridiculous. I don't need to cut my own throat while shaving.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Shaf wrote:Fuck that. The skill involved in the use of a safety razor is ridiculous. I don't need to cut my own throat while shaving.

I think you are confusing a straight razor with a safety.

Safety: http://www.classicshaving.com/page/page/522941.htm

Straight: http://www.classicshaving.com/page/page/725412.htm

Safetys are still used on the continent with badger brushes and what not. The BS multi blade razor were created as loss-leaders. Ironically, the more blades each one has the worse the shave, but the greater the profit. I work for the company who makes a huge amount of these fuckers and they are huge on profit margin.

Safety razor blades are cheap and more effective. I have very sensitive skin and the right angle of shave and the use of a badger brush spare every bit of irritation.

I use a Mach 3 or some BS, and I break out every where.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Straight razors are nutty and require a lot of skill to use and maintain.

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

The double edge safety blade in a good holder is hard to beat. I can't remember where online I got mine, but it's solid machined stainless. Very nice. Come to think of it, I think I posted about it in some other old shaving thread we have. The address is probably there.

I actually have a straight razor that takes replaceable blades, which removes the maintenance problem (although I have found that stropping even a brand new blade improves it substantially.)

I only use the straight razor when I have the time and am feeling contemplative. It does produce a remarkably smooth shave, but there is a high skill requirement. I don't recommend it for shaving your S.O's cooter.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

GoDogGo! wrote:The double edge safety blade in a good holder is hard to beat. I can't remember where online I got mine, but it's solid machined stainless. Very nice. Come to think of it, I think I posted about it in some other old shaving thread we have. The address is probably there.

I actually have a straight razor that takes replaceable blades, which removes the maintenance problem (although I have found that stropping even a brand new blade improves it substantially.)

I only use the straight razor when I have the time and am feeling contemplative. It does produce a remarkably smooth shave, but there is a high skill requirement. I don't recommend it for shaving your S.O's cooter.
The links I posted have all kindsa shaving kits for traveling, including a portable badger brush that looks a little dubious to me. But they do have some great gels and creams in tubes, which lather wonderfully handwise.

For me level of importance is safety razor-> brush -> cream / oil. Thankfully, I usually shave at home.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

onealjn wrote:Thankfully, I usually shave at home.
Thankfully,

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

BucketHead wrote:
onealjn wrote:Thankfully, I usually shave at home.
Thankfully,

Please strap yourself to a rocket. TIA.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Jesus. JoJo the Dog-Faced Boy?

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Best shaving stuff I've ever used:

http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=3670

I was never much on gels but this stuff is the real deal. Unscented, no bullshit, no razor bumps.
Shut the fuck up and train

vikingsrule92

Post by vikingsrule92 »

Sandman wrote:Best shaving stuff I've ever used:

http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=3670

I was never much on gels but this stuff is the real deal. Unscented, no bullshit, no razor bumps.
This stuff is pretty damn good, I'm not as experienced as you guys with this stuff obviously but it's the best I've used.