The Dark Knight - Advanced Reviews.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Re: The Dark Knight - Advanced Reviews.

Post by seeahill »

They do release IMAX films in DVDs.

I recall one theatrical release IMAX film, but due to the limitations of the filming, there are very few Hollywood type films shot in IMAX. The expense of the film, the necessity to change film every five minutes, the desire to save $$$ and not shoot a scene several times. Also, quick cuts and chase scenes make an audience dizzy. 40 minutes is about all an audience can take of an IMAX film. Close ups make a face 80 feet high and look sorta ridiculous. It is also a good idea to hold an IMAX image on the screen for some time or the audience feels cheated. You actually have to move your head to see everything: another thing that militates against quick cuts.

There are some commercial IMAX theaters, but most are connected with museums. Funding comes from a consortium of museums and the National Science Foundation.

And I should say that I co-wrote every IMAX film I did

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

seeahill wrote:Did I mention that I wrote 3 IMAX films, two of which were nominated for an Academy Award (but didn't win because of all the Serbians). Did I mention that the one that didn't get nominated is the highest grossing IMAX film ever?
How'd they get Everest to toss its hair back in a tiff like you wrote in the script?
Don’t believe everything you think.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Everest was difficult to work with. Lots of tantrums and shit. It's pretty obvious in the film. She may have trouble getting other starring roles.

Oh, apparently it is not now the biggest grossing IMAX film. I looked it up and it's third.