Jet Blue

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Jet Blue

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Hands down the best discount domestic airline I've flown on.

I booked 2 tickets for my wife and I, and at the last minute we decided to take the three kids with us. The Jet Blue opperator was fantastic and set us all up with no problems. If i had tried this with South west or Alaskan I'd still be on hold.

Coming back home our flight was delayed 5 hours due to a snow and a shortage of de-icing trucks. Jet Blue didn't even hesitate to start handing out free adult beverages, snacks, movies etc. When it finally looked like we were going to be delayed for a while they started handing out free meal vouchers. The entire time they never failed to keep us updated and did everything to make us comfortable.

I'll go out of my way to fly with them again.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

M Mahler

Re: Jet Blue

Post by M Mahler »

I agree, great airline and the only one I have used for the last few years.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Concur. I also like the TV's at every seat and the variety of snacks offered.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Man, did Jet Blue just cement themselves a customer for life! Last week Jet Blue sent me $200.00 in vouchers because our Seattle to San Diego flight was delayed. I've had numerous airplane trips delayed without even a sorry from any airline; mostly disinterested looks and scowls.

I believe in doing business with exceptional companies, Jet Blue just became my official Airline.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Sofa King

Post by Sofa King »

Funny. Jet Blue called me at 4:00 a.m. on the day of departure to tell me that our flight was cancelled. Jumped on the website to reschedule and was told to call. So I call and find out that the next available flight was a week later. Not wanting to tell my wife, 3 kids, mother, and sister that we weren't going to Texas to see the rest of the family, I got on Orbitz and booked a similar flight and left as scheduled.

I can see why people love Jet Blue, but they were absolutely no help at all once they had cancelled the only flight out of Long Beach that day. No rerouting, no help with scheduling, not even an offer of vouchers to compensate. They just cheerfully refunded my money with out even a reach around.

Now I realize that such is the nature of the commercial airline biz, but when you've got 6 hours until departure, isn't possible to get another plane to the airport to keep the schedule (the nebulous reason for cancelling the flight had something to do with "mechanical" problems. . .so I think, "Hey, get another plane" . . .nope, not gonna happen).

I'll think twice before booking with them again.
WGM wrote:Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Banned wrote:Funny. Jet Blue called me at 4:00 a.m. on the day of departure to tell me that our flight was cancelled. Jumped on the website to reschedule and was told to call. So I call and find out that the next available flight was a week later. Not wanting to tell my wife, 3 kids, mother, and sister that we weren't going to Texas to see the rest of the family, I got on Orbitz and booked a similar flight and left as scheduled.

I can see why people love Jet Blue, but they were absolutely no help at all once they had cancelled the only flight out of Long Beach that day. No rerouting, no help with scheduling, not even an offer of vouchers to compensate. They just cheerfully refunded my money with out even a reach around.

Now I realize that such is the nature of the commercial airline biz, but when you've got 6 hours until departure, isn't possible to get another plane to the airport to keep the schedule (the nebulous reason for cancelling the flight had something to do with "mechanical" problems. . .so I think, "Hey, get another plane" . . .nope, not gonna happen).

I'll think twice before booking with them again.

The only down side to flying with Jet Blue is if you live on the west coast, your choice of flights is very limited. For example, Jet Blue has only one flight each day between San Diego and Seattle. If something happens to that plane, there are no other planes to replace the broken one or any follow on flights to the same city.

As for vouchers, I'd keep an eye on your e-mail, chances are you'll see some vouchers within 24-48 hours. If not, they must only give them to us good looking guys.