Dan John - over my head/ground up/carried away DVD pack

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
newguy
Sgt. Major

Dan John - over my head/ground up/carried away DVD pack

Post by newguy »

Ordered the Dan John Trilogy from Dave Draper's website. Got it on Friday (ridiculous by the way. I ordered it and something like 10 minutes later had an email notifying me that it had shipped. received it a day or two later. Now that is service to the extreme.) Watched it a time or two over the weekend.

Got to say that this is a great DVD. Dan John seems like the nicest guy in the world and the type of dude you would want to hang with. After watching, I was actually glad to have given a bit of my money to the guy. here is the review

1. From the Ground up - great dvd explaining how to get the bar off the ground. goes over some basic drills like the goblet squat, basic mechanics of pulling, the power snatch, clean, etc. tips to improve those moves. The drills are clear and the explanations make sense. Dan does a good job of explaining with out over-complicating. I was able to fix a few things that have been bothering me with the snatch almost instantly. Really makes the lifts accessible and seem like something you can and should do.

2. Over my head - the basic pressing portion. again, really well done. front press, behind the neck press, jerks, drills, etc. good explanations, no complications. Some of the complexes he shows are nifty. again, the benefit is that it takes the thought process away from sets, reps, etc. and puts it into the moves itself.

3. carried away - a series of different carries and ways to combine. For example, a waiter's carry while wearing a pack or vest and dragging the sled. Not as much info as the other 2 dvd's, but highly entertaining. I kept waiting for the scene when the damn dog finally managed to trip dan while he was carrying an 85 pound rock and wearing a 150 pound pack.

Good quality dvds, well produced, entertaining, and plenty of solid information. highly recommended.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Re: Dan John - over my head/ground up/carried away DVD pack

Post by GoDogGo! »

Bastage didn't give us a link!

http://www.davedraper.com/fitness_produ ... VDJEO.html

$40? Looks like it might rival Furman's "Concrete" in terms of info density per dollar.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I have "Carried Away" but was going to order the trilogy for the other two. Thanks for reminding me. I especially wanted "From The Ground Up" since I am planning on working in the oly lifts later in the year.

Can't go wrong with anything from DJ.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

I prefer to give my money directly to "the artists" if possible, so does DJ sell directly (i haven't seen any way to buy from him on his website), or is the draper link the best way to buy?
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Topic author
newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

sorry about the linkagage, or lack thereof.

J.B - Dave Draper is where you get the DVD. Which makes sense because that is where the official Dan John Forum is located as well.

M.O - I think you might get a lot out of from the gound up.

The main thing is that I had years of the "olympic lifting is for the elite and way too dangerous for regular people" brainwashing. Dan John erased that with one viewing of the DVD. That is for me, the best thing about it. It makes an olympic snatch and power snatch accessible and seem like something that anyone can do.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Dan sells through the DD site, IIRC. He doesn't have any direct links.