Ip Man

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
RyaWall

Ip Man

Post by RyaWall »

Watched Ip Man today..nice h2h fight scenes..not sure it had nice acting because it is subtitled..hot asian girl as Ip Man's wife...takes place just before and during Japanese occupation...
The movie doesnt get too into history. It just intros him before the occupation and his struggles during the occupation with several fight scenes mixed in.

I recommend

Ronald RayGun

Re: Ip Man

Post by Ronald RayGun »

The only reason I watch movies like this is for the fight scenes. Holly shit does this one pay off. Proper Violent!

Donnie Yen is about the illest cat in the kung fu flicker picture business.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote:Donnie Yen is about the illest cat
This is real. Did you see Flashpoint?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote:
Ronald RayGun wrote:Donnie Yen is about the illest cat
This is real. Did you see Flashpoint?
I saw that on the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Is good?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I like.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Will see.

Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Ronald RayGun wrote:The only reason I watch movies like this is for the fight scenes. Holly shit does this one pay off. Proper Violent!

Donnie Yen is about the illest cat in the kung fu flicker picture business.
Agreed. i always liked him better than Jet Li. And Donnie's mom, Bow Sim-mark could also kick your ass. Here she is with him when he was younger:

His Iron Monkey is my all time favorite kungfu flick. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Topic author
RyaWall

Post by RyaWall »

The chic on the right looks familiar..what is she in?

Donnie Yen is good..but what is with www.donnieyen.com ? Kinda funny

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Dave Chesser wrote:His Iron Monkey is my all time favorite kungfu flick. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
Interesting, that's my wife's favorite as well.

Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Fat Cat wrote:
Dave Chesser wrote:His Iron Monkey is my all time favorite kungfu flick. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
Interesting, that's my wife's favorite as well.
Yeah, I felt that one had decent acting and a plot too. LOL. Love the evil monks and the "King Kong palm."

Just curious, what's yours?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I like old ones like The Prodigal Son and Mad Monkey Kung Fu. I'm very big into Lau Kar Leung.

Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Fat Cat wrote:I like old ones like The Prodigal Son and Mad Monkey Kung Fu. I'm very big into Lau Kar Leung.
Pedicab Driver with him and Sammo had the best staff fight i've ever seen. Lau Kar Leung is great because he really knows how to fight. What a great family.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

My background includes a lot of Hung Kuen and Choy Lay Fut from Bucksam Kong, Eugene Ho and Vernon Rieta so I am a little bit partial. Of new school stuff, I really liked Burning Paradise.

Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Fat Cat wrote:My background includes a lot of Hung Kuen and Choy Lay Fut from Bucksam Kong, Eugene Ho and Vernon Rieta so I am a little bit partial. Of new school stuff, I really liked Burning Paradise.
No way! I'm an old school CLF guy myself. Bak sing branch instead of the two Hung Sing branches. Isn't Bucksam Bak sing, as well? No matter. It's all good.

Heard Burning Paradise is good. Maybe i'll check it out.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

No, I don't think Bucksam in Buk Sing, his organization is Siu Lum Pai and his Hung Kuen is from Lum Jo, his Choy Lay Fut is from Lee Koon Hung. His bio is as follows:

Choy Lay Fut under 5 different Choy Lay Fut Masters: Yun Yim Cho, Poon Sing, Chow Bing, Leung Sai and So Kam Fook, Grandmaster Poon Dik’s Kung Fu classmate. Later he trained under legendary Grandmaster Shek Kin from Bruce Lee’s “Enter the Dragon”, a great honor since he was Grandmaster Shek Kin’s only student.

That is the Shek Kin of movie fame.

Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Fat Cat wrote:his Choy Lay Fut is from Lee Koon Hung.
I see. Solid Hung sing then. I got to meet Lee in Miami a few years before he died. He was a bad ass. He had lots to say about the San Francisco CLF scene. :yawinkle: