EAS Advant-Edge Whey Protein from Sams Club PRODUCT REVIEW

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

EAS Advant-Edge Whey Protein from Sams Club PRODUCT REVIEW

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Some quick background: I like using whey as a protein supplement and often drink a blend of whey, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon for breakfast. I've gotten low on my other brands, and saw this at Sams Club.

For $19.99 for 6 lbs how can you go wrong?

Here's how:

1. Shitty, shitty taste. Vanilla is nasty.
2. Shitty, shitty mixing. This shit mixes worse than the old GNC Milk and Egg protein. In fact, it mixes so badly that a drink mixer couldn't get rid of the chunks of unmixed protein.

This is by far the worst whey I've ever seen. Absolute filth. I am taking back the can to Sams Club for a refund.

Don't waste your money. Absolute shit.

All-The-Whey brand remains one of the best deals and best products around, followed closely by Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey from Jesup Gym.

Tom Furman
Corporal

Post by Tom Furman »

I deal with whatever Costco sells for 19.00 at six pounds. Mixed in with oats, flax, almonds, walnuts, berries, and Udo's oil, with Splenda, it is good and a very balanced and complete breakfast. Two scoops is 40 grams of protein.

I nice restaurant alternative is an Eggbeater omelette, with veggies, and a side of Lox and Avocado. No toast. If you need extra calories, munch almonds or pop a Balance Bar with good coffee.

My wife likes the new Low Carb Grow. We ordered a bunch direct from T-nation.

Dave Draper's Bomber's Blend looks like good stuff. Anybody try it?
"Do you believe in Jesus?"
---Yes.
"Well, you're gonna meet him!"

Charles Bronson, Death Wish 2

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Tom Furman wrote:I deal with whatever Costco sells for 19.00 at six pounds. Mixed in with oats, flax, almonds, walnuts, berries, and Udo's oil, with Splenda, it is good and a very balanced and complete breakfast. Two scoops is 40 grams of protein.

I nice restaurant alternative is an Eggbeater omelette, with veggies, and a side of Lox and Avocado. No toast. If you need extra calories, munch almonds or pop a Balance Bar with good coffee.

My wife likes the new Low Carb Grow. We ordered a bunch direct from T-nation.

Dave Draper's Bomber's Blend looks like good stuff. Anybody try it?
Tom,

The costco stuff is called Pro-rated. I mix the chocolate flavor with blue berries.

BB2/75

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I eat a steak and scoff at the Hindu religion.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Fat Cat wrote:I eat a steak and scoff at the Hindu religion.
I briefly had a Vegitarian girlfriend in college. I'd drive her mad when we would go out. I'd always make sure to order the biggest steak on the menu.

Once while out with some of her like minded hippy dippy friends, one of them had the nerve to lecture me about the evils of eating meat. I quietly, unbeknownst to the before mentioned bitch, told the waitress to be bring my steak rare and bloody. I thought she was going to pass out from anger.

BB2/75
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Hah. I had a vegetarian gf too. Towards the end of the relationship I pointed out to her that her enthusiastic swallowing of my spunk invalidated her vegetarianism. She loved to swallow, absolutely loved it. She'd beg me to come in her mouth....what's a man to do except comply?

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

There's always the occasional eyeshot-to show her where you comin' from.
?

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

Women love to 'save' men via poontang. A very good scam used to be to go to a Deadhead gathering, be a meat-eating redneck, and thereby dip your wick into a vegetarian who hopes to convert you.
My SIG can beat up your SIG.