K2Fitness.net Kettlebells

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
SAR

K2Fitness.net Kettlebells

Post by SAR »

Just received some more bells from K2. I've got nothing against DD, but K2's KBs are better than DD's. The finish is smoother and if my scale is true, their tolerances are tighter.

I know you can get dirt cheap bells from Gill, but I like the idea that I'm supporting a product made here. Also, the handle size is better for me. I'd think all the ex-military folks around here'd want to support K2 as well.

I'll be getting a pair of 88's from them in a month or so.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

DD has upgraded to a powder coat finish. Don't know if this is the one you're talking about but it's supposedly very nice.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

Link, Sawbones.
?

Topic author
SAR

Post by SAR »

Ralph,
It's on the Irongarm links page

k2fitness.net is the URL though.

I confess I haven't seen DD's powder coat finish. My K2 bells are certainly a nicer finish than any previous DD bell I've owned or used.

K2's are also better priced by around 30-50 bucks.

HawkSC
Private

Post by HawkSC »

Doc,

Do your K2s have that smooth shiny finish? My last one (32kg) does and I'm not sure that I like it. It got all chipped up the first time I used it.

TIA,

Jim aka Doc

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I have a K2 1.5 pood and liked the finish better than my DD bell ('bout a year and a half old). If I buy more, they'll be from K2.

Has Jarhead been around here lately?
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler