Splinter Cell, Conviction

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
ab g-d

Splinter Cell, Conviction

Post by ab g-d »

by some guy pretending to be Tom Clancy

Not bad, certainly not great. Lot's of techno wennie gear stuff, not much character. Not in the league with the good stuff discussed elsewhere. Since I'm too stressed right now to read any real fiction, and most of the real fiction being written now is for women, I've been reading this stuff. Problem is I'm a very fast reader, so I can go through a book like I, Sniper in a few hours.
Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Splinter Cell, Conviction

Post by Turdacious »

IMO, Vince Flynn isn't bad in that genre, neither is Alex Berenson. Pure pulp either way (Flynn more so than Berenson).

Been reading the Cole and Hitch series by Robert Parker lately.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I've been reading some Flynn lately and I like pretty good. I agree with abby's review of Splinter Cell: Conviction. I didn't even finish it.

I'm looking forward to starting the Rain books, etc. from the I, Snipper post.

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

It wasn't great, but kept me amused long enough. Fortunate to pick up a used copy for $0.50, but I prefer the actual Splinter Cell games over the book. It's a satisfying feeling shooting someone in the head from a distance and watching the AI enemies panic and scramble, not just reading about it.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.