Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
vern

Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans

Post by vern »

I'll just start off by saying that I'm a huge fan of both the original film with Harvey Keitel and of Werner Herzog's directing. I also hate Nicolas Cage and lately consider him to be a very reliable 'bad movie warning sign' indicator.

That being said...I enjoyed the shit out of this movie. Werner has done a loose remake of the original except that this version is a black comedy. It's his most commercial looking film to date and you would never guess it was a Herzog film if you didn't know. (Except for a scene with an iguana and some Stroszek music.)

It's an interesting rental if only to see how different two movies can be with roughly the same story line.

(I also liked how Cage's character one ups Harvey's in the point shaving department.)

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

snatch grip
Gunny

Re: Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans

Post by snatch grip »

vern wrote:I'll just start off by saying that I'm a huge fan of both the original film with Harvey Keitel and of Werner Herzog's directing. I also hate Nicolas Cage and lately consider him to be a very reliable 'bad movie warning sign' indicator.
Ditto to all that...looking forward to check it out despite it's Cageyness.