The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Re: The couch thread

Post by CultBuster »

Paddy and WGM..Thank you both!
=D> =D> =D> =D>

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

CouchRant certainly has a treasure trove of gay pics. I'm starting to understand his isolation and anger a bit more. We have open lesbians who are welcome here. Surely there's room for an openly gay man. Listen CouchRant, denying who you are is like holding a beach ball under water. It's easy at first and then becomes impossible.

Let go of the beach ball and kip yourself out of the closet. It'll be hard at first but in the end you'll feel sweet release.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:CouchRant certainly has a treasure trove of gay pics. I'm starting to understand his isolation and anger a bit more. We have open lesbians who are welcome here. Surely there's room for an openly gay man. Listen CouchRant, denying who you are is like holding a beach ball under water. It's easy at first and then becomes impossible.

Let go of the beach ball and kip yourself out of the closet. It'll be hard at first but in the end you'll feel sweet release.
Much like George Rekers, it will be much more painful when you come out of the closet unwillingly.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Speaking of Crossfit Sex. Barry Cooper's always got something to say.
http://crossfitsex.com/2010/05/04/sex-and/#comment-621
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

Jesus titty fucking christ Barry, save your fucking monologues for the cf mainsite. Quick and dirty is the theme here at CFSex. We welcome your contribution but next time keep it short goddammit

Comment by alpineassbandit | May 5, 2010 | Reply
=D>

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

Fuck, I just hate Barry Cooper so much.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Double LULz

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... astPre.mov

HIlarious. BMac talking about only going 80-90% in a @F workout and actually having GOALS. WTF is this? It sure ain't @F!

It would seem the longer anyone with half a brain is in the @F world, the more they naturally drift away from couch's vision (hallucination?).

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Quack Attack wrote:http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... astPre.mov

HIlarious. BMac talking about only going 80-90% in a @F workout and actually having GOALS. WTF is this? It sure ain't @F!

It would seem the longer anyone with half a brain is in the @F world, the more they naturally drift away from couch's vision (hallucination?).
What are his goals. Actually finishing a race? Or at least competing?
- Buck Brannaman

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

Confused wrote:

3min fran. duh...
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... 814&page=4
aussie faggot wrote:Sport specific training is most successful when focused on strengthening certain POSITIONS and MOVEMENT PATTERNS, not specific muscles, because guess what? The body moves as a whole and involves all skeletal muscle in every movement.

In cases of injury, it may be beneficial to isolate areas that are obviously in need of rehab, but only to the point where the POSITIONS and MOVEMENT PATTERNS may be once again introduced. Your "weakest link" argument is harmonious with this point of view, in fact, and it is why the deadlift is such a great exercise, for everything!

The fact than I, or anybody else here, can't specifically name and prioritize 10 of the muscles involved in ANY functional movement is exactly my point. We don't really know percentages of muscle fibers recruited for each athlete, where and how force is generated, or where weakest links are.

This guy keeps getting more and more confused. His tricycle is making him regress to the days of his childhood.

I love fresh meat.
Last edited by Fish on Sat May 08, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

sanchezero wrote:
Confused wrote:

3min fran. duh...
@fit endurancers don't have real goals. Finishing a race makes them ELIIIIITE. Specializing to the point where they are actually competitive would destroy the others ASSpects of their eliteness.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Confused wrote:Speaking of Crossfit Sex. Barry Cooper's always got something to say.
http://crossfitsex.com/2010/05/04/sex-and/#comment-621
He's gettin' slammed pretty good.

Post by ... »

Last edited by ... on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ... »

Last edited by ... on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

chubbyhubby wrote:Just noticed this one:

Compare to:
100223 - BS: 305, SP: 165, DL: 345, Total = 815
091104 - BS: 290, SP: 160, DL: 335, Total = 785
090629 - BS: 285, SP: 155, DL: 280, Total = 730
090524 - BS: 285, SP: 165, DL: 335, Total = 785
080813 - BS: 275, SP: 160, DL: 305, Total = 740
071226 - BS: 275, SP: 153, DL: 330, Total = 758
071128 - BS: 270, SP: 158, DL: 330, Total = 758
070901 - BS: 265, SP: 148, DL: 319, Total = 732
070704 - BS: 275, SP: 145, DL: 287, Total = 707
070601 - BS: 260, SP: 145, DL: 290, Total = 695

The guy added an amazing 45 lbs to his back squat in just under THREE years. With results like that, I guess we shouldn't criticize.
Hey, now... you missed the 55 lb increased on his deadlift. That's an impressive lift if he was 10 years old then and 13 now. Or a chick.
- Buck Brannaman

LiftHeavyShit
Sarge

Post by LiftHeavyShit »

Confused wrote:Hey, now... you missed the 55 lb increased on his deadlift. That's an impressive lift if he was 10 years old then and 13 now. Or a chick.
"But here's the fascinating part. We can take you from a 200 pound max deadlift to a 500-750 pound max deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year."

“The methodology that drives CrossFit is entirely empirical. We believe that meaningful statements about safety, efficacy, and efficiency, the three most important and interdependent facets of any fitness program, can be supported only by measurable, observable, repeatable facts, i.e., data. We call this approach “evidence-based fitness”.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Couch wrote:Yeah, well, that one guy's numbers...that's just anecdotal....that's not science. Have I mentioned to you the Swedes are...interested....pursuing our, um, scientificals and, um, data points....um, ineluctable veracity....more like birthday party.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

The guy's Standing Press is fine for a smaller guy (I didn't see his weight). For hyperstrict presses for a high school kid, I start my standard at 115. That Deadlift, though, is way off. As the simplest way to test strength, three years of training for practically any adult would be far higher doing anything. Gary and he guys who did 60-80 plus 315 DLs in ten minutes certainly have better results.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

chubbyhubby wrote:Just noticed this one:

Compare to:
100223 - BS: 305, SP: 165, DL: 345, Total = 815
091104 - BS: 290, SP: 160, DL: 335, Total = 785
090629 - BS: 285, SP: 155, DL: 280, Total = 730
090524 - BS: 285, SP: 165, DL: 335, Total = 785
080813 - BS: 275, SP: 160, DL: 305, Total = 740
071226 - BS: 275, SP: 153, DL: 330, Total = 758
071128 - BS: 270, SP: 158, DL: 330, Total = 758
070901 - BS: 265, SP: 148, DL: 319, Total = 732
070704 - BS: 275, SP: 145, DL: 287, Total = 707
070601 - BS: 260, SP: 145, DL: 290, Total = 695

The guy added an amazing 45 lbs to his back squat in just under THREE years. With results like that, I guess we shouldn't criticize.
While we mainly hit the Couch hard on the obvious insanity of point 1 in his famous Tyler Haas interview, point 2 is far more destructive to most @fitters day to day.
But here's the fascinating part.
1.We can take you from a 200 pound max deadlift to a 500-750 pound max deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year.

2.We will though work the deadlift, like most lifts, approximately once per week at higher reps and under grueling conditions. It may intuit well that if you can pull a 250 pound deadlift 21 times coming to the lift at a heart rate of 180 beats per minute, then 500 pounds for a single at a resting heart rate is perhaps manageable.
Anybody with any time under the bar knows how misleading this is in practice, and anybody with any background in physiology knows how bad it is in theory. But any @fitter who buys the Couch's points above experiences what the subject above is getting in results.

BTW,

after doing 106 Dls with 315 in 30 mins a few months ago, my deadlift dropped...
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

friedquads
Pillowbiter

Post by friedquads »

Confused wrote:What are his goals. Actually finishing a race? Or at least competing?
BMacNCheeze can't even finish a race or start one.

HURT 100 - Entered but didn't show up and blamed it on an injury from a running workout. Oh wait, his people don't get injured since they don't do any long runs. ](*,)

Quad Dipsea - Entered with KStar and a few others from that UnScared group. His result - DNF. KStar finished dead last or near dead last next to an 80-year old guy if I recall correctly.
Fish wrote:@fit endurancers don't have real goals. Finishing a race makes them ELIIIIITE. Specializing to the point where they are actually competitive would destroy the others ASSpects of their eliteness.
And this is what makes them no different than anyone else that uses a cookie cutter marathon training plan and nothing else, but they dog others so easily when their no better and will be more quick to point out their failures on anything else other than themselves and their shitty training. Meth Calves dropping at the JJ100 is a prime example of this.
Jay wrote:BTW, warriors kill shit. The only things you kill are exercise science and the board short display at Target.
I choose to kill people with kindness. Oh, I should also mention "kindness" is the name of my samurai sword.

Gary John
Gunny

Post by Gary John »

Have run the Double Dipsea, the quad is just gay stupid.

First time I ran the Dipsea, was in the summer of my sophomore high school year.
I ran the all-comers meets and was cleaning the clocks of all the JC and college runners in the 440.

So, one of the distance guys told me about a race in Marin County over a rolling golf course.
I brought my track spikes only, and at the time you couldn't remove the spikes.

Turns out, it started in Mill Valley, went up some 400 stairs, then up and down trails to the ocean. Spikes tore my feet to shreds.

Beat everybody but the most elite runners. My dad cut my shoes off when I finished.

I must have been an x-fitter back then.

HeiptyHop

Post by HeiptyHop »

Gary John wrote:Have run the Double Dipsea, the quad is just gay stupid.

First time I ran the Dipsea, was in the summer of my sophomore high school year.
I ran the all-comers meets and was cleaning the clocks of all the JC and college runners in the 440.

So, one of the distance guys told me about a race in Marin County over a rolling golf course.
I brought my track spikes only, and at the time you couldn't remove the spikes.

Turns out, it started in Mill Valley, went up some 400 stairs, then up and down trails to the ocean. Spikes tore my feet to shreds.

Beat everybody but the most elite runners. My dad cut my shoes off when I finished.

I must have been an x-fitter back then.
I don't think so. I don't see any semblance of birthday party in there.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Do those XFE guys still think their shit is the shit?

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Do those XFE guys still think their shit is the shit?
They might...
@FE gawds wrote:It is our contention that limiting an athlete’s exposure to LSD training will allow them to remain not only functionally competent in other areas of fitness and competitive in aerobic endurance pursuits, but DOMINATE in ALL areas of fitness.