Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Sons of Anarchy, season 3

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

A clusterfuck, overall.

There are very few characters I am sympathetic towards. Ironically, Tigg, the stone cold enforcer for the Sons has developed significantly. His rivalry with the actor who played Lem from The Shield is interesting.

Entertaining, but grim. Not as bad as, say 'Breaking Bad', but grim.

I've seen several folks pipe up that the way the show depicts the Irish disgusts them, and a blurb somewhere by a former IRA member whom said "Yeah, that's about it."

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sons of Anarchy, season 3

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

It's very up and down this year...I thought last night's episode was particularly good...the last two before it sucked balls.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

So the fucking enforcer for the Irish chapter was both a killer and a whiny bitch?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

All I know is that I howled my fucking ass off when the priest threw Jax's narrow ass across that table.

I'm sure everyone recognizes that actor from Braveheart...he was the big crazy father that was chasing everybody after they pulled the arrow out of him. I also remember him from Troy.

Big fucker.

snatch grip
Gunny

Post by snatch grip »

I was bored with the Ireland angle at first, but the past 2 or 3 eps have been pretty solid.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Oh yeah, that was awesome. He's such a skinny bitch.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Love that the Irish dude is basically getting field dressed and Happy is smiling. He's one of my favorite characters.

"Happy, shoot his friend. "

"Oh yes I will!"

The incest story creeped me out.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:All I know is that I howled my fucking ass off when the priest threw Jax's narrow ass across that table.
Big fucker.
JUDO FTMW !!!!!
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

CHARLIE WILL GET YOU RIPPED

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Alot of shit that does not make sense or you watch them do stupid shit you know will bite them.

When your Ex Enemy Prez kills the leader of the BSMC and the other one stands there aftert that and tells you he is going to kill you, you dont smile and walk off, you kill him as well then and there.

BTW that makes 2 Braveheart actors with the Father.

They make the RUC look like Tools, the RUC has killed hundreds of IRA Dickers, their regulars are British trained by Scotland Yard and the Army, their intell is 14th RTU trained and their Swat is SAS trained. There is a reason the PIRA never won and it's not just that Loyalist in NI outnumber Republicans. The IRA got sick of being killed off.

Cant wait for Justified. Raylan is way cooler than Jacks.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

snatch grip
Gunny

Post by snatch grip »

I thought the season finale was pretty great. They've always closed out strong.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I admit, I did not see the solution to the Stahl problem coming.

Overall, a very strong finish.

Terriers, on the other hand, a show which really grew on me, might not make the cut.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Loved the finale, but Sutter played the old mystery movie trick by pulling the wool over the audience's eyes (Sons were in on the ATF deal all along and played a double cross).

Great show, but it stretches the bounds of credibility...dead bodies all over the place, a corrupt police chief helping them out in the most non-subtle ways, breaking the law left and right, and they never catch a case. They're finally going to go up on weapons charges...14 months light time on the recommendation of a freshly murdered ATF agent. Sutter resolves problems and makes them go away too easy ("Yeah, my partner who got killed this morning...she confessed to me right before she got killed that she was lying the whole time about that double murder...so, you're gonna have to let Gemma go, mkaythx).

Still love it...it's a guilty pleasure. Looks like Season 4 will be getting back to its Hamlet roots after the letters from Mo...Jax digging up the circumstances of his fathers's death and getting crossways with Clay (and possibly Gemma). I'm guessing the show will fast forward to their release from prison.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Seasons 1-3 were compressed into a timeframe of about a year. I can see season 4 being 14 months (or whatever) after the close of season 3, with them getting out.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Sutter to make us all happy with the new role Kenny Johnson has (The Shield's Lem) and then kill him off in a ridiculous and stupid fashion.

snatch grip
Gunny

Post by snatch grip »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Seasons 1-3 were compressed into a timeframe of about a year. I can see season 4 being 14 months (or whatever) after the close of season 3, with them getting out.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Sutter to make us all happy with the new role Kenny Johnson has (The Shield's Lem) and then kill him off in a ridiculous and stupid fashion.
I wouldn't mind seeing them play out the 14 months in prison, while Opie and the others try to keep the club afloat on the outside. But either way could be good.

Sure, there's a ton of unreal shit, but it is a TV show.