Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks

Post by Old Mother »

By Adam Carolla

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Carolla's one funny motherfucker and his wit really comes through in this book. It's basically one big rant as he jumps from topic to topic on why he thinks people are assholes and pussies. There were moments when it seemed like he was really reaching for a laugh though. It was like he was trying too hard in some places and was just looking for some filler. Despite this there were no real slow points in the book, it was like his one-liners were really funny or just mildly amusing.
I'd recommend it to anyone with a weekend to kill who wanted something light and easy to read.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

Old Mother wrote:By Adam Carolla

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Carolla's one funny motherfucker and his wit really comes through in this book. It's basically one big rant as he jumps from topic to topic on why he thinks people are assholes and pussies. There were moments when it seemed like he was really reaching for a laugh though. It was like he was trying too hard in some places and was just looking for some filler. Despite this there were no real slow points in the book, it was like his one-liners were really funny or just mildly amusing.
I'd recommend it to anyone with a weekend to kill who wanted something light and easy to read.
Loved his shit on Loveline believe it or not.

He needs a straight man though. I really wanted to like his podcasts, but could never get into them.

Thanks for the review. Will probably read it at the bookstore.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Norman U. Senchbau wrote:Thanks for the review. Will probably read it at the bookstore.
While sipping a latte and checking facebook

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Norman U. Senchbau wrote:Loved his shit on Loveline believe it or not.

He needs a straight man though. I really wanted to like his podcasts, but could never get into them.

Thanks for the review. Will probably read it at the bookstore.
I never thought I'd ever agree with you. But this is me minus the reading it at the bookstore.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

BucketHead wrote:
Norman U. Senchbau wrote:Thanks for the review. Will probably read it at the bookstore.
While sipping a latte and checking facebook
Sorry, I'll be on the shitter.