Ong Bak series

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
RyaWall

Ong Bak series

Post by RyaWall »

Ong Bak is one of Tony Jaa's first flics and was good as a low budget, dangerous stunts martial arts movie. Ong Bak 2 had an obviously larger budget and the fight team seems to have put a lot of time into the fight choreography and stunts. They even have a decent plot in Ong Bak 2. Not to give too much away but it takes place the the past and it is a basic revenge movie. Just watched Ong Bak 3 and it is horrible. Hardly any fight scenes. Ong Bak 3 is a continuation of Ong Bak 2 but instead of revenge he is looking for spiritual redemption. There is a fight scene in the first 5 minute but then nothing for almost an hour. Just scenes of people talking and meditating. At least Steven Segal knows why people watch him and he'll drag his overweight ass onto the set to do what he does. Actors should know why people watch them.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Ong Bak series

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Yeah, this mirrors the review I did. OB and OB2 are fantastic movies. He went to the duck farm on OB3. According to wiki, he's actually gone and become a Buddhist monk at a monastary. I think OB3 reflects where his mind went...no longer on commercial interests.

Topic author
RyaWall

Re: Ong Bak series

Post by RyaWall »

Well I doubt the monk think will last. Isnt it Thai tradition to serve 90 days as a monk as a way to gaining Karma points?