Green Lantern

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
RyaWall

Green Lantern

Post by RyaWall »

Late review. It sucked. CG looked OK but the movie is forgettable.

Ronald RayGun

Re: Green Lantern

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Avoid unless you have young kids or are a MASSIVE GL fan. I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro, but the rest was pretty uninteresting. I went in with super low expectations as I knew it would be impossible for it to be anywhere near as good as the Geoff Johns penned books. Very 'meh'.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Ronald RayGun wrote:Avoid unless you have young kids or are a MASSIVE GL fan. I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro, but the rest was pretty uninteresting. I went in with super low expectations as I knew it would be impossible for it to be anywhere near as good as the Geoff Johns penned books. Very 'meh'.
Pretty much exactly how I felt. I try to leave the fan boy and grown up at home when I go see comic book movies.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Ronald RayGun wrote:Avoid unless you have young kids or are a MASSIVE GL fan. I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro, but the rest was pretty uninteresting. I went in with super low expectations as I knew it would be impossible for it to be anywhere near as good as the Geoff Johns penned books. Very 'meh'.
Had to break down and watch it. If you're not a GL fan, this movie is forgettable. If you're even a moderate GL fan, this movie is very disappointing.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

How about if you're fucking gay? Because all of you that saw it, are. I refuse to see it.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Saw it on blu-ray that I borrowed from a friend. On a big TV at home with pauses for bathroom and snack breaks, etc., it was OK; fun to look at (though all the CGI seemed a little "off", as people have noted), Reynolds was OK as Hal Jordan, but the screenplay was a mess (four writers in the credits is never a good sign.) As Chris Sims pointed out, basically it tried to pack too much backstory and comic book continuity into what should have been just the origin story. Jamming Sinestro AND Hector Hammond AND Parallax AND the whole GLC AND Carol Ferris AND the family drama was a mistake. By comparison, "Iron Man" did it right by concentrating on the origin story and then giving him one main villian to fight.

OK to watch on the couch on a weekend evening with a beer in one hand and your wife on the other.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

it stank like a wet fart
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen