New York Barbells

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author

New York Barbells

Post by Guest »

Generally have good luck with them. However, I ordered a set of lifting chains 6 weeks ago and still haven't received them. No response to e-mails either. I'm thinking of cancelling the order. Anyoen have a suggestion on where to buy the chains?

Trip

Post by Trip »

Home Depot

DoughboyLives

Post by DoughboyLives »

Tractor Supply Company, fuck nut.

Scott Shetler
Gunny

Post by Scott Shetler »

NS,

That is surprising. I ordered a GHR and a Pulldown/Row from them and got each in about 3 days of placing the order. When I got my pulldown, one of the pulley wheels was broken and they over-nighted me a new one. Just call their 800#. As far as chains, I bought a pair of 3/8" 5 footers from Home Depot; and a pair of 1/2" 5 footers from a local shop that sells heavy duty chain. Using both pairs gives me 40lbs. (Just like a pair of 5' 5/8" chains). I ended up paying $65 or so total. If I ordered a pair of 5/8" from either NY BB or Elite FTS I would have paid close to $110 or $120. Hope you get the chain-thing straightened out, NYBB has always been awesome for me.

Good luck.

-Scott

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I didn't think of Home Depot or other places, just happened to be on their site when that idea came up. I called them after posting and they are being real helpful in resovling the situation. Looks like a screw up between them and Fed Ex. The tracking at Fed Ex shows there was a claim to made from the shipper and somehow notifications were never made. Everyone has guaranteed customer satisfaction so that helps.

Scott Shetler
Gunny

Post by Scott Shetler »

Good to hear.

-Scott