Downton Abbey

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Downton Abbey

Post by Dunn »

Had folks mention it a time or two and then my wife wanted to watch it so we did.

Stellar acting on all fronts and they do a very good job at switching between the perspectives of the nobles and the working class. Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess does an amazing job. Well worth watching.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Downton Abbey

Post by buckethead »

Must I have a vagina to watch?

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

No sir. I have none yet I enjoyed it. Then again I enjoy period pieces about England circa 1900, so your mileage may vary.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

You'd think it was a chick flick unless you watch it. Very good, I pretty much 2nd what Dunn said.

Bates is cool and I hope they get into more what he did for Lord Grantholm when he was his Battman in South Africa. I think it went beyond saving his life. I think maybe the Lord might of cracked up a bit and his Battman took over, made shit work and shut up about it. Bates is an honorable guy.

Thomas needs his Queer ass beat.

And how about Aggripa from Rome playing the driver who the 2nd youngest daughter runs off with? Good acting, his name is Allen something or other, to lazy to google.

Brits do great drama. You ever watch Inspector Lewis? The Britt, Life On Mars is one of the best shows I have seen in the last 5 years. The DCI is fucking awesome.

Then again I am a bit weird, I have been getting into Paroit and the Woman and I love Doc Martin and William and Mary. I grew up on Doctor Who.

God if Masterpeice would only replay I, Claudius. I have heard nothing but great things about it. Roman settings and Brit actors, I'm set.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

I really don't know why I even watched the first episode of DA but I'm glad I did. Great show. Agree with Darf, Bates rules and Thomas needs a good shoeing. Can't wait for the third series. If you like Brit suff, check out 'Luther' who is played by Stringer Bell from the Wire. Very IGX type show.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

BTW, Dylan, they did a spin off show after LOM with the DCI character. Can't remember the name, Google it.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Gav wrote:BTW, Dylan, they did a spin off show after LOM with the DCI character. Can't remember the name, Google it.

DCI Gene was the man! John Simm's charachter : "You just threatend to set him up with a bag of drugs!"
Gene: "Yeah, so? It worked. What do you do for a living again?"

BTW John Simms portrayel of "The Master" in the David Tennant Doctor Who was out of this world. I hope we see him in movies and over here the guy can act. It was nothing in the least like his LOM chcarchter.

If you go on my facebook, in my TV shows I have that with Gene's non smileing face.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Jezebel Jones wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMtffzbAwk[/youtube]

I like that old bitch. In the end she's not the cunt she comes off as.
We'll see what it's like with her and Shirley McClaine next season.

JonnyCat
Staff Sergeant

Post by JonnyCat »

Mags looks like Michael Caine in drag in that link snapshot.

Downton Abbey is all hear I about from friends. Must be good, I guess. With my TV-watching frequency, I'll probably catch it after everyone else on the planet has watched it and moved on.