Run Wild

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
vern

Run Wild

Post by vern »

A new book about why running in big city marathons sucks and running in the country is good.

Damn straight.

It doesn't have any info on how to run or where to run or maps or stuff like that. But it's a very well written inspirational volume designed to motivate you to get out of the city and into the wilds to run.

"A passionate and beautifully written narrative about running and the world of discovery and adventure it brings. Boff Whalley just likes running - the places it takes him, the moments of exhilaration, and snapshots of natural beauty that he adds to his mental album. This is not a man who signs up to big city marathons and pounds the pavements. With his down to earth voice and a great sense of humor, Boff writes about how running brings a real world of discovery and adventure, from reaching the top of a mountain with the sun at your back and moon in front creating two shadows to running up Mt. Fuji on a break from work. For Boff, running is about freedom, experiencing the world, finding your place in it, and generally just enjoying yourself. Running is a way to get back to that simplest of relationships - the one between our feet and the earth."
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Abandoned by Wolves

Re: Run Wild

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Nice - sounds like someone following in the footsteps (haw!) of George Sheehan. I might look into that - thanks for the mention.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man