Keeping your truck clean with dogs?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Keeping your truck clean with dogs?

Post by seeahill »

Going to buy a new truck. My old one (1995 Chevvy 1500) smells like dog. So much so some people refuse to ride with me. (Smells fine to me.) So how do I keep a new truck clean?

Has anyone used a dog hammock like this:

milosz

Re: Keeping your truck clean with dogs?

Post by milosz »

My parents got one for their corgi. Keeps her fur off the back seat but she's not in there enough for odor to be an issue. Also, she's stupid so it keeps her from flying to the floor at stops.

You sure that the 'dog smell' isn't just 'old man'? I find the two scents quite similar.

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Testosterone vs. wet dog. Hardly similar.

Thanks for the info on the corgi.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Corgis are great dogs, and you need to clean out your truck.
Last edited by Turdacious on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

We have one of those hammocks for the back of our Civic and it works fine for our 100# German Shepherd. And he sheds like a MOFO. It's water resistant as well, so we just have to shake it out and hose is off every once in a while. Keeps the car sort of free from dog hair and keeps his muddy paw prints off the upholstery. Just DO NOT roll the window down after he's been riding for a while. Instantly turns the car into a dog hair snow globe.

I never notice any dog smell, but I'm probably used to it. Just like everyone likes their own brand, everyone tends to not notice their dog's smell I guess.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Put the dog(s) in dog crates and place them on top of the car. They love it and the wind will blow all their loose hair away.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Andy79 wrote:Put the dog(s) in dog crates and place them on top of the car. They love it and the wind will blow all their loose hair away.
=D> [-X [-X [-X [-X
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I could use something like,that too

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Tim, unless you take your dog everywhere, use a 2 truck solution: keep your old Chev to haul around the pooch, use your new truck for everything else.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

johno wrote:Tim, unless you take your dog everywhere, use a 2 truck solution: keep your old Chev to haul around the pooch, use your new truck for everything else.
That may be the way to go. I doubt if I could get $1000 for the old truck,

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Keep it & beat the shit out of it as long as it's reliable.
And you can get your insurance company to knock down your premiums on one or both vehicles because you'll be putting on fewer miles on either.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

seeahill wrote: Has anyone used a dog hammock like this:
my wife's got that, plus a couple of blocks you put right behind the seats to support it. our two dogs (125 lb and 95lb) ride happily.

i don't know that this rig does anything to address dog smell, unless you were to launder it. can you do that?

our big dog smells all summer. he's got long hair, swims most days, and never dries out. he's just a dog being a dog. i'd rather ride with a dog than a person who's got a problem with embedded dogness.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Don't let your dog ride in your truck or, better yet, don't have dogs.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:We have one of those hammocks for the back of our Civic and it works fine for our 100# German Shepherd. And he sheds like a MOFO. It's water resistant as well, so we just have to shake it out and hose is off every once in a while. Keeps the car sort of free from dog hair and keeps his muddy paw prints off the upholstery. Just DO NOT roll the window down after he's been riding for a while. Instantly turns the car into a dog hair snow globe.

I never notice any dog smell, but I'm probably used to it. Just like everyone likes their own brand, everyone tends to not notice their dog's smell I guess.
GSDs don't stink and even smell kinda good unless you dont bathe them for a year. Short haired dogs like pits, boerbels, etc get a weird ass musk like a fucking ferret

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Does anyone have a clean reliable method of transporting putrid dog corpses in a small car?
It's great to be first at last

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JonnyCat
Staff Sergeant

Post by JonnyCat »

I read the title of this thread and visualized a trio of little French bulldogs diligently tidying up the cab of a truck using feather dusters, Swiffers and Clorox clean wipes. That's not a bad idea, actually. Train dogs to clean cars. Get them little maid uniforms and put them to work.

Problem solved.

Dan Martin

Re:

Post by Dan Martin »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I could use something like,that too
What, testosterone?
Shomer Shabbos.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

JonnyCat wrote:I read the title of this thread and visualized a trio of little French bulldogs diligently tidying up the cab of a truck using feather dusters, Swiffers and Clorox clean wipes. That's not a bad idea, actually. Train dogs to clean cars. Get them little maid uniforms and put them to work.

Problem solved.
Exactly
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party