My Takeaway From Zimmerman / Travon

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

My Takeaway From Zimmerman / Travon

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

The lessons you take away from something say a lot about who you are.

Trying to separate myself from value judgements about Zimmerman, Trayvon, any specific group, or any specific institution, I come away with the following:

1) Black people are pissed the fuck off at their perception of white people's abuse. It is definitely the 3rd rail of black politics. White people who think we've evolved past such resentments are completely mistaken.

2) The MSM is heavily invested in supplying a narrative in support of white oppression - specifically conservative white male oppression. They'll go so far as to paint a Democrat Obama voting Hispanic who grew up in the same home as black kids, brought a black date to the prom, mentored black kids as part of a gov't program, and who continued mentoring some of those same black kids after the program was discontinued, as a conservative white male racist if it fits the narrative.

3) Politicians (unless safely ensconced in Whitelandia) will do just about anything to keep from getting on the wrong side of the black community when it's heated up to boil.

4) DA's are politicians (no personal offense intended to any of our present/former DA's)
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Bob Wildes

Re: My Takeaway From Zimmerman / Travon

Post by Bob Wildes »

"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

1) 80% of Black people are nothing more than cray baby perpetual victims that are easily manipulated by the race hucksters within the media and government.

2) 20% of the white population are nothing more than hand wringing gilt riddled fools that are just as easliy manipulated as the above mentioned 80% of black people.

3) You are a complete moron if you watch cable news with either with a left or right slant. Cable news has one mission; to keep you distracted and worked up. The truth is of no importance to them. From start to finish (and still today) they butchered the story. Getting almost every aspect of the unfolding case wong. Not content with repeating any lie told to them, they even went as far as to fabricate stories to fit their preferred narative.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Batboy2/75 wrote:3) You are a complete moron if you watch cable news with either with a left or right slant. Cable news has one mission; to keep you distracted and worked up. The truth is of no importance to them. From start to finish (and still today) they butchered the story. Getting almost every aspect of the unfolding case wong. Not content with repeating any lie told to them, they even went as far as to fabricate stories to fit their preferred narative.
Coming from a person who used to accuse PSAs of having a liberal bias, this brings a tear to my eye.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

My honest take aways:

1. Most people have no business walking/driving around with a loaded gun. 95% of us are better off with non-lethal protection. How different would everything be if George Zimmerman had been able to pepper spray Trayvon?

2. Let the police do their job.

3. Avoid physical confrontations. If there isn't a life at stake, you don't need to fight. No one wins. In the risk/reward evaluation a fight is all risk an almost never any reward.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

theAbstract wrote:1. Most people have no business walking/driving around with a loaded gun. 95% of us are better off with non-lethal protection.
Besides Zimmerman possibly being dead or in a seriously impaired mental/physical state?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Post by ___________ »

Don't start nothin' won't be nothin'.
Had dipshit not followed a kid walking home, he doesn't get mounted & his ass kicked.
He also doesn't shoot the kid.

PS if you believe that as you're being ground & pounded to the point of near death, after being sucker punched, from mount, as a physically weak untrained man, that you can get to your pistol to get off a round, it's obvious you don't train.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

At key points in this whole spectacle, I have spent time in mixed, white, and mostly black company-- generally professional or blue collar (all with good or at least decent jobs), both socially and professionally. I've noticed that:
1. Black people really don't talk about it in racially mixed company.
2. Those who do talk about it, generally only do it when they know the white people around can have an adult conversation about politics without getting worked up. Generally they're under 30, and I've never seen it get heated.
3. White men are the most likely to talk about it in mixed company, and everyone else seems to realize it's kind of a sensitive subject and just shuts up until the next topic comes up. Generally they are the types who talk about politics a lot and kind of annoy everybody with it (on both sides of the aisle).
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

My key takeaway has nothing to do with race or guns or the courts.

My key takeaway is that the media is far more powerful than anybody realizes and will make you pay attention to what they want for as long as they want in the degree that they want.

Not only did they decide that this is going to replace other stories and be the lead for over a year, they carefully crafted the narrative they wanted everybody to hear. In the end, Zimmerman ended up being a white, Republican member of the establishment. How fantastic of a story is that?

It was also fairly masterful how politicians, especially in the White House, played this to the fullest extent of their abilities. Benghaz....he could have been my son. Snowde...he could have been me. Brilliant.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Terry B. wrote:My key takeaway has nothing to do with race or guns or the courts.

My key takeaway is that the media is far more powerful than anybody realizes and will make you pay attention to what they want for as long as they want in the degree that they want.

Not only did they decide that this is going to replace other stories and be the lead for over a year, they carefully crafted the narrative they wanted everybody to hear. In the end, Zimmerman ended up being a white, Republican member of the establishment. How fantastic of a story is that?

It was also fairly masterful how politicians, especially in the White House, played this to the fullest extent of their abilities. Benghaz....he could have been my son. Snowde...he could have been me. Brilliant.
100% this

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Herv100 wrote:
Terry B. wrote:My key takeaway has nothing to do with race or guns or the courts.

100% this
x2. Regarding media management, they make the Repuglicans look look like the Washington Generals vs. the Globtrotters. Having the MSM as an adjunct of the Dem party does make it pretty easy though.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party