Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Post by Holland Oates »

Fighters have to win a fight to get on the show. They pick one of four coaches: Greg Jackson, Frank Shamrock, Joe Warren, Randy Couture.
And then they have to fight their way through TUF style.

It's pretty good.

Shamrock is irritating. I don't understand why Joe Warren is on here. Randy Couture and Greg Jackson are fucking awesome. I'd watch a reality show just about them training fighters.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Post by T200 »

The selection process shows were good (Warren is on there as a late sub for Eddie Alvarez...not that he should've been on there either imo). The shows since the teams were selected have been ass.

The show should have just been Joe Riggs vs. all those dudes one-by-one (not that Riggs would win them all but them fighting him would be better than the dudes fighting each other).

And Lozano should just be in the tournaments already...not wasting time on this show.

Did you just start watching the episodes perhaps?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Frank Shamrock is a walking, talking penis. I'm not sure why Joe Warren is considered such an MMA legend. He was Bellator champ for a minute before getting his ass knocked out...m'kay.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Shamrock is annoying as fuck.

I was at the Strikeforce when he announced his retirement, like anyone gave a shit.

When he and Cung Le were hyping their fight in Strikeforce, I could barely listen to the radio. At the time, I was spending a lot of days and nights in San Jose and it was out of hand.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I'm working my way through them this week. It ain't great but I didn't think it was terrible.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

I stopped watching so let me know if they detail exactly what Eric Bradley did to actually end up doing 2 years in prison for frat-based crime. That's a harsh sentence for a white frat boy/school athlete so it must've been serious.

A kid from my high school did a year or two for frat crimes...he was a D1 O lineman. Went into a rival frat at night with his bros and they all had bats and beat a bunch of kids in their sleep. Fucking retarded. I tell you my hometown is the biggest bunch of morons.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

T200 wrote:I stopped watching so let me know if they detail exactly what Eric Bradley did to actually end up doing 2 years in prison for frat-based crime. That's a harsh sentence for a white frat boy/school athlete so it must've been serious.

A kid from my high school did a year or two for frat crimes...he was a D1 O lineman. Went into a rival frat at night with his bros and they all had bats and beat a bunch of kids in their sleep. Fucking retarded. I tell you my hometown is the biggest bunch of morons.
First result on Google, MMA Madman or something, said they broke into other fraternities and stole a bunch of shit. Then, they incriminated themselves and returned a lot of the items when the cops said they would give them probation, but they hadn't actually agreed to a plea deal... judge ruled against them, and they did time.

Article said in county, as the sentence was a minimum of 1 year, minus a day.

I don't follow much MMA anymore, but that's what I saw.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

Needed a better lawyer then imo. Coulda got a disorderly conduct or some shit as long as his priors aren't completely fucked.