The Black Count

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

The Black Count

Post by Bram »

A truly outstanding book about race, history and heroism, set in the late 1700's and early 1800's.

Perfectly written - funny, intelligent, accessible and informative.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: The Black Count

Post by Fat Cat »

That is very cool, I shall have to check it out. I recently read The Three Musketeers and the edition I had came with a biography that briefly discussed Alexandre Dumas' father, your black count.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Bram wrote:

A truly outstanding book about race, history and heroism, set in the late 1700's and early 1800's.

Perfectly written - funny, intelligent, accessible and informative.
He wrote an incredibly well received book called "the orientalist", which was ass. I received the black count for christmas, and wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. The portions on Napoleonic wars and the French Revolution were particularly interesting.

"the three musketeers", written by the son of the hero of this book, remains one of the greatest stories of all time. A must read-give it at least 75 pages before giving up.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I've never read "The Three Musketeers" or "The Count of Monte Cristo," though heard great things about each one. Fatty, give it a try, I think you'll enjoy it!

I was wondering about "The Orientalist," thanks for the tip that it sucks lasalle.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Shiiiiiit! I misread 'the black cunt'.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.