X-Men: Days of Future Past

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Not as bad as Wolverine (in Japan). Not as good as First Class.

Nothing much like the original comic story arc (which was fucking BADASS), other than the concept of mind melding back in time to avoid a dystopian future. Quicksilver stole the show, and the slo-mo asswhipping he put on the cops was the highpoint of the whole movie.

The Nixon angle was shades of Watchmen, and I almost chuckled at the similarity.

Overall...meh.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

For the non-comic book crowd, highly entertaining. Quicksilver's show-stealer scene was apparently added as an afterthought, which is surprising. I wouldn't want to be the guy playing that character in the Avengers, because this kid is awesome.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

An IGx first! Two people are in agreement with Gramps on the same topic.

Wife and I saw it last weekend. We also thought the scene with Quicksilver was awesome.

The little money shot of Wolverine all pumped and buff sent plenty of ovaries into overdrive including mine.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

The little money shot of Wolverine all pumped and buff sent plenty of ovaries into overdrive including mine.
He said his trainer and he worked specifically for that shot.. carbing, dehydrating, etc. I guess it was worth it. How did your egg search go that night?
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

TomFurman wrote:
He said his trainer and he worked specifically for that
Jackman got pretty damn big and lean, and he's 47? That's gotta be a lot of drugs. Seems like an odd risk to take given there's nothing at stake.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
TomFurman wrote:
He said his trainer and he worked specifically for that
Jackman got pretty damn big and lean, and he's 47? That's gotta be a lot of drugs. Seems like an odd risk to take given there's nothing at stake.

Ummmmmm...negative ghost rider.

A) Nothing about HJ looks juiced to me. He looked lean, that's about it. If he did need to, it was a modest cycle of AAS at best. Probably lots of GH or peptides...but in Hollywood, everyone should be on that full time.

B) There's virtually zero risk, legal or health wise. A couple earnest 8 week cycles and smart dieting would put him in better all round health than when he went in.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

You're the juice whisperer. Someone mentions steroids in a thread and boom! You appear like the grouchy anabolics fairy.

OT, I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Of all place, years ago in MuscleMedia 2000, they said the same thing.
Ummmmmm...negative ghost rider.
A) Nothing about HJ looks juiced to me. He looked lean, that's about it. If he did need to, it was a modest cycle of AAS at best. Probably lots of GH or peptides...but in Hollywood, everyone should be on that full time.

B) There's virtually zero risk, legal or health wise. A couple earnest 8 week cycles and smart dieting would put him in better all round health than when he went in.
And that photo of Charlie,.. his average weight was 170 or less. Low bodyfat and movie lighting make you look better. Other than Lithuanian genetics.. he's a product of boxing [bag work, rope work, running], swimming, hiking, motocross and some bodyweight cal's.
Jackman's odd risk when there is nothing at stake?
100 million for 4 films. http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-12/hugh-ja ... erine-deal

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Tom, did'nt your uncle lift back in the 50s though? I saw one of his first films, where he plays a convict. He was fucking SWOLE! Had to be some lifting in there for that.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Boxing training and bodyweight calisthenics. Possibly Charles Atlas stuff. I have a story about this I'll tell sometime.

AF1
Staff Sergeant

Post by AF1 »

I've seen it mentioned on other forums that Charles Bronson trained at Vince Gironda's gym.