Your Body Is Your Barbell

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Abandoned by Wolves

Your Body Is Your Barbell

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

At last, a useful and helpful product from Men's Health. YBIYB is BW training for strength and fat loss. You do 8 different exercises (and their progressive variations) in a circuit. The progressions and micro-progressions to the harder variations are well thought out and workable and the criteria for when you are ready to move up are reasonable. The "Zero" level is a perfect recovery/off day routine for days when you're too beat up, tired, or burned out to do anything strenous or demanding.There's also some material for putting together BW "metabolic" workouts, etc., but IMO the real meat of the book is in the 5 progressive levels of workouts.

I like this book a lot. Makes "Convict Conditioning" volume 1 look like the silly, unworkable, prison machismo posturing it really is. (IMO, Volume CC 2 has some value with the supplemental stretches and hanging for time and flag exercises). Also, it costs far less for far more material, and you don't have to buy 6 $80 DVD sets to get the "real goods"; what you see is what you get.

BTW, Gaddour's Facebook page makes him appear as a classic "abs and arms" MH douche-bag. I assume this is so he can make the big bucks, because the book is almost totally different in scope. You could train for decades and into your old age using the material in the book.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Your Body Is Your Barbell

Post by Fat Cat »

Sup Lemon, any link to the product?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm selling an e-book called My Dick is Your Flute
Don’t believe everything you think.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This book is surprisingly solid for a men's fitness type publication.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

nafod wrote:I'm selling an e-book called My Dick is Your Flute
IGx Book Club Review wrote:From the author who brought you Your Pootie Is My Funhouse and There's Something In My Bum (Find It With Your Thumb!), "Nafod's" third intimate instructional book has arrived: My Dick Is Your Flute.

Perfect for couples looking to rekindle the sexual adventurism that can sometimes fade as marriage and children come into the picture, My Dick Is Your Flute breaks into five simple chapters in a compact three pages.

1. Yeah, that's nice.
2. Don't forget the balls.
3. Mind the teeth. It's a flute, not a fucking Charleston Chew.
4. Yeah, I'm gonna take care of you too, just let me rest my eyes a minute.
5. Zzzzz

While distinctly lighter fare than "The Best Of Kaz," it's free on Amazon Prime, and it's 3 pages. What the fuck do you want. Worst case scenario you don't get a beej that you wen't going to get anyway.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

That made me laugh

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

LMFAO Nafod you magnificent bastard
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Can Gaddour get sued for this? Alywn Cosgrove did this back in 2011. I printed out one of the articles from his site way back when.

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-a ... o-problem/

Yeah, Lemon, where's the fucking link?!

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Cosgrove has ripped off far more than a title

Dirt McGirt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dirt McGirt »

So, IGx is probably not the kind of place that gives a shit about copyright v. trademark (I know *I* sure don't.) but how many books have something like "city on the hill" in the title? And, back to this case, just a couple years ago you had the "you are your own gym," which seems like the current trend Gaddour is trying to rip-off moreso than a 10 year-old article.

Now, if there was actual CONTENT from within article being 'copied' by the book, such that the 'original work of authorship' had been reproduced or had a derivative work generated, maybe we'd have an issue?

As it is, I can't see suing someone and saying you came up with the idea of doing push-ups and body rows in the same workout...

Bedlam 0-0-0
Gunny

Post by Bedlam 0-0-0 »

From the blog: http://www.bjgaddour.com/speedy-spider- ... e-beginner "I’ve got an amazing new fitness challenge to share with you today called THE SPEEDY SPIDER SHREDDER 600 CHALLENGE.

It’s the first of many SPIDER SHREDDER videos to come from our brand-new StreamFIT production studio.

All routines are custom-made to get you super strong and stretchy using moves inspired by spider-man, the leanest and most athletic of super-heros!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdlXsz9QmI[/youtube]
Image Stan Lee is not pleased.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Im definitely digging his inner thigh workouts.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Topic author
Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Fat Cat wrote:Sup Lemon, any link to the product?
Didn't think I needed one, since you can currently find it in any Barnes & Noble/Books-A-Million. Also, I'm lazy.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I've always considered my body to be more of a dumbbell with all of the weight on one side.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

There's some good stuff on that blog.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule