Lenovo n20P Chromebook

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Abandoned by Wolves

Lenovo n20P Chromebook

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

I read a couple of favorable reviews of this model and decided to ask for this for Christmas, and my wife came through.

It's a bit more expensive than some Chromebook models, but it seems worth the extra money to me. Great "build quality" - the thing feels and looks solid and slick, keyboard has a good tactile feel, high quality display good enough for YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. Also it has a touch screen and folds back to 320 degrees for a tablet mode if that's what you want to use it for - this is a fairly new feature for Chromebooks, and I like it.

Intel processor instead of ARM, which means in most cases less chugging and better response time for 90% of anything you want to do online. Of course, since this is a Chromebook,it's most useful online (in range of a wifi), but Google is getting better at providing offline uses as well.

It's perfect for sitting in the living room, looking at Kindle, Evernote, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook,email, etc. I don't know how "productive" you can actually be with it (have not had it long enough to tell), but for an inexpensive 2nd laptop to use around the house it's great; IMO if you have this, you don't really need a 10 inch tablet.

I like it a lot.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man