DefenceLab DNA Program

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

DefenceLab DNA Program

Post by TomFurman »

After viewing Keysi Fighting Method years ago,.. I just kind of passed on it. Didn't read too much into it. Very similar to Old Thai,.. the Jailhouse Rock I've seen from Dennis Newsome and "ReForm",.. Nigel February's empty hand application of Piper Knife.

Then the founder, Justo Dieguez split from co founder Andy Norman. Andy has lots of film contacts in his student connections and ended up doing Batman, Mission Impossible 3, Jack Reacher and more.

I saw a couple of interviews with Andy and I liked his attitude. He started in Karate and later, after being in a multi man fight.. found European JKD/Kali Pioneer, Bob Breen. He later met Justo and that's where the association started years ago.

Andy's contribution via forming DefenceLab is organization, communication, exposure, etc. The group is open minded and have many other martial artists in for workshops. They have an association with Carlos Machado and Pedro Sauer as well.
-----
The online training package was called DNA, Defense and Attack. The intro was recorded by Liam Neeson who trained with Andy Norman on the Batman film and Taken 3, among others. Not just a single 'fan' photo,.. they actually train together. Liam is a former boxer whose doing action movies in his late 50's.

This package is very professional. The videos are VERY well filmed and clear. Graphics appear and label the techniques name and intent. Normal and slow motion is used. They are broken down into 1 minute "bites".
They teach the categories of Empty Hand, Ground & Pound, Stick and Knife. Handgun will be part of the program too eventually.
Ebooks are for download in the online package as well.

Their use of improvised is very interesting too, right along the lines of Ray Floro or some Silat material I've seen. Just think of rings with pointed edges on them as just one of the tools.

What did this cost? I had a Pre-Production offer of 19.95. Not sure what it is now. They probably are just setting up for a Gracie University type of program. If it was shoddy, this would be just another small investment, but I'm happy with the purchase and I think Andy is a GREAT teacher. I ran the material past another IGX Martial Filter who seemed to like it too.

Here is the URL - http://dnafightscience.com/dna/
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: DefenceLab DNA Program

Post by TomFurman »

So far an update a week. I'm sure this is leading to his online university. I'm actually like his material.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America