Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Spotify Premium

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Is bomb.

I've had it over the FREE version for a couple of months now and love it. Tremendous music selection, of course, but also tons of series on meditation, relaxation, foreign language training if you're inclined, children's fables, lots of music for kids, audio classic novels, even some lectures on time management and many other topics.

Customize your playlists, unlimited skips, and the 'radio stations' are really good. Beastie Boys Radio has been my recent go to.

We've also long given up our Sirris/XFM stations and stream....you can also download playlists to your device so you need not burn data if that's a concern.

The FREE! version isn't bad at all, and the commercials were fairly infrequent and brief, but for ten bucks per month (after $3/mo for first 3 months), it's hard to beat.

Not sure if you iPhone nuts are privy to this awesome.

rjudo
Gunny

Re: Spotify Premium

Post by rjudo »

I'm with ya, recently made the switch myself. Outstanding product.
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Yep it's great. One subscription I haven't second guessed.

Chris McClinch
Sarge

Post by Chris McClinch »

I've got the Beats Audio (formerly Mog) subscription instead of Spotify, but agree wholeheartedly that a streaming audio subscription is money incredibly well spent. Spotify is a little more user-friendly, but Beats streams at a higher bitrate (or at least did when I made the choice between the two). Not something you'd notice listening over earbuds, but noticeable over a Sonos system.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

I'm not a big audio buff, so I will defer to your knowledge on that. What I do know is that I have three streaming quality options to choose from and I use the middle/default level, which is fine for me in ear buds, as you say, or in the vehicles bluetoothed into the stereo system.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I will....4th (?) this endorsement. Top notch.

I have a few albums I've been digging that are saved for offline listening so I don't kill my data plan. Sound quality is fine unless you butt fuck other men and get pissy about bit rates and shit.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman