Life After Facebook: What's Next for Us?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Life After Facebook: What's Next for Us?

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Protobuilder wrote: I don't understand why somebody would say BD or Shaf were special snowflakes? What. The. Hell?
I just assumed it was veiled fatshaming.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Protobuilder wrote:However, I don't understand a lot of behavior that I see, especially from Americans. I don't understand oversharing though appreciate it when hot women do it. I don't understand why everybody seems so angry about everything all the time. I don't understand why this anger only appears to last 24-48 hours before the next offending incident takes place. I don't understand why people think I want to see what they had for breakfast, I don't understand people saying 'happy birthday' to their pets. I don't understand how people think they will change others religious or political views from a meme. I don't understand why people want to fight about...what they eat? I don't understand why somebody would say BD or Shaf were special snowflakes? What. The. Hell?
He sounds like that cantankerous old guy who used to be on 60 Minutes. Rooney was his name? Back me up, here.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Also- Bookyface is great! I can keep up with my mom and my sister, and the friends I have there I can kee up with way better, not to mention interact way more comfortably with, than I can IRL.

I suck at friends and family IRL. I'm terrible at it, actually. I don't know why, I'm just uncomfortable with most face to face interactions. But I can be a great electronic friend and I have a lot of great electronic friends, many of whom I met here and later found in Facebook, who I genuinely like way better, and care about more, than many friends I have IRL.

Some people could say it's "pathetic," or "a shame" or whatever. Fuck those people. I like that I have a means to have meaningful interaction with other humans all over the world in a way that works for me.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I don't get what Kenny X is getting at.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Kenny X wrote:Also- Bookyface is great! I can keep up with my mom and my sister, and the friends I have there I can kee up with way better, not to mention interact way more comfortably with, than I can IRL.

I suck at friends and family IRL. I'm terrible at it, actually. I don't know why, I'm just uncomfortable with most face to face interactions. But I can be a great electronic friend and I have a lot of great electronic friends, many of whom I met here and later found in Facebook, who I genuinely like way better, and care about more, than many friends I have IRL.

Some people could say it's "pathetic," or "a shame" or whatever. Fuck those people. I like that I have a means to have meaningful interaction with other humans all over the world in a way that works for me.
You're just an IT guy with ink.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:
Kenny X wrote:Also- Bookyface is great! I can keep up with my mom and my sister, and the friends I have there I can kee up with way better, not to mention interact way more comfortably with, than I can IRL.

You're just an IT guy with ink.
REALLY FUCKING GOOD ink!!

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

And a fishing rod
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Kenny X wrote:I suck at friends and family IRL. I'm terrible at it, actually. I don't know why, I'm just uncomfortable with most face to face interactions. But I can be a great electronic friend and I have a lot of great electronic friends, many of whom I met here and later found in Facebook, who I genuinely like way better, and care about more, than many friends I have IRL.

I can't stand you here. You must be horrendous in real life.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Polo Tomasi
Sarge

Post by Polo Tomasi »

The man in black wrote:I think there is something about being able to express your opinion to hundreds and thousands of people that makes you think you have an opinion worth expressing. It isn't.
Where's the "Like" button?

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Protobuilder wrote:
Kenny X wrote:I suck at friends and family IRL. I'm terrible at it, actually. I don't know why, I'm just uncomfortable with most face to face interactions. But I can be a great electronic friend and I have a lot of great electronic friends, many of whom I met here and later found in Facebook, who I genuinely like way better, and care about more, than many friends I have IRL.

I can't stand you here. You must be horrendous in real life.

Now now, Proto, you and I both know that there's tons of people here who annoy you way worse than me.

And I'm always here for you, buddy. Whatever you need.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Bobby wrote:And a fishing rod

I'm getting me a new baitcasting rod and reel soon, too. I need better hardware, to rip those bass out of the heavy cover.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Andy

Rooney

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Andy

Rooney

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

seeahill wrote:Andy

Rooney
Go on.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

seeahill

Post by seeahill »

It is the answer to the Kenny X question above.
Kenny X wrote: He sounds like that cantankerous old guy who used to be on 60 Minutes. Rooney was his name? Back me up, here.
All cantankerous old guys are named Andy.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

seeahill wrote:It is the answer to the Kenny X question above.
Kenny X wrote: He sounds like that cantankerous old guy who used to be on 60 Minutes. Rooney was his name? Back me up, here.

YUP, that's Proto, alright!

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Kenny X wrote:

Hardly, my baby-faced friend. I am tall & heroic.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Protobuilder wrote:
Kenny X wrote:

That may very-well be, but inside your Grecian Ideal physique there's a curmudgeonly prune just waiting for you to sit down at the keyboard!

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Kenny X wrote:
Protobuilder wrote:
Kenny X wrote:

That may very-well be, but inside your Grecian Ideal physique there's a curmudgeonly prune just waiting for you to sit down at the keyboard!
OMG. What are you wearing now?

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I am thinking about setting up a second facebook page under a different name because free speech is not all that free and some people I see need some I.G.X style flamethrowing upon them.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

theoverman
Staff Sergeant

Post by theoverman »

i deleted mine for three years and then got it back to chat with my brother during his deployments. it's stupid like cell phones or anything else, just can't let it run you.
riff raff fanclub president

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

DARTH wrote:I am thinking about setting up a second facebook page under a different name because free speech is not all that free and some people I see need some I.G.X style flamethrowing upon them.
I got accused of being an insensitive, homophobic, meathead stalwart of the patriarchy today, by an unattractive, overweight bisexual hippie girl, all because I made fun of a parent who went out of their way to turn her daughter's sandwich into the likeness of a Disney princess and posted it on Facebook for the other molly-coddling helicopter parents to coo over.

I've had worse accusations lobbed at me by better looking women.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

so you made a dickhead post and a woman immediately figured you out as dumbfuck
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Topic author
The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Kenny X wrote:
DARTH wrote:I am thinking about setting up a second facebook page under a different name because free speech is not all that free and some people I see need some I.G.X style flamethrowing upon them.
I got accused of being an insensitive, homophobic, meathead stalwart of the patriarchy today, by an unattractive, overweight bisexual hippie girl, all because I made fun of a parent who went out of their way to turn her daughter's sandwich into the likeness of a Disney princess and posted it on Facebook for the other molly-coddling helicopter parents to coo over.

I've had worse accusations lobbed at me by better looking women.

LOL...yeah, I love it when it's implied I am a racist/bigot by those who don't have a fraction of 'friends of color' that I have who would never 'unfriend' me on bookface. Uppity fucking white liberal/progressive crackas are first and foremost, what's wrong with our world under the Stars and Stripes, today.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Kenny X wrote:I got accused of being an insensitive, homophobic, meathead stalwart of the patriarchy
It's incredible that somebody who doesn't even know you could nail it so closely.