Ray Donovan Season 2

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ray Donovan Season 2

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

This is the best show on TV right now.

Shit is getting good, I think this week's episode was the best yet. Drunk ass Liev Schreiber dancing at the end, hilarious.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Ray Donovan Season 2

Post by Shapecharge »

Really? I'm finding this season to be an asswhipping. Way too many outlandish plot twists and turns. That fucking wife of his is a complete fucking idiot and is really fucking this whole show up for me. I've a serious notion to let this series go.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

The daughter with the rapper is annoying. I'm not sure why it seems like "killing off the daughter" seems like a good idea for every TV show on showtime.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

FUCK YOU GUYS

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Still a good show.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Grandpa's Spells wrote:The daughter with the rapper is annoying. I'm not sure why it seems like "killing off the daughter" seems like a good idea for every TV show on showtime.
So close!

Topic author
Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Spoiler: show

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

I just watched the season finale. Great show! But...

a) Someone please, PLEASE, kill the fucking wife and the retard ugly as fuck daughter.

b) Ann Biderman's previous show (Southland) was WAAAAAAAY better than Ray Donovan. And I consider RD a fucking good show.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Southland was great. I only discovered it in Season III, so I've got some fun catching up to do,
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Well I have to say I was perhaps premature in my initial negative assessment of this second season. We were way behind on watching this show so Thursday night we watched the Conor birthday party episode which was fucking magnificent and then last night we ate pizza and drank wine while watching the last five episodes. Jesus I was worn out, in a good way. The show completely redeemed itself. How in the fuck are they going to put together a third season after this? They blew the fuck out of everything.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Shapecharge wrote:Well I have to say I was perhaps premature in my initial negative assessment of this second season. We were way behind on watching this show so Thursday night we watched the Conor birthday party episode which was fucking magnificent and then last night we ate pizza and drank wine while watching the last five episodes. Jesus I was worn out, in a good way. The show completely redeemed itself. How in the fuck are they going to put together a third season after this? They blew the fuck out of everything.
Ann Biderman is no longer working on the show. That's disappointing.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Shapecharge wrote:Well I have to say I was perhaps premature in my initial negative assessment of this second season. We were way behind on watching this show so Thursday night we watched the Conor birthday party episode which was fucking magnificent and then last night we ate pizza and drank wine while watching the last five episodes. Jesus I was worn out, in a good way. The show completely redeemed itself. How in the fuck are they going to put together a third season after this? They blew the fuck out of everything.
SEASON 3, Bitches! Stop worrying about True Defective and step to the wild side.

We lost Elliot Gould but gained Ian McShane. And Katie Holmes (meh).
John Voigt ROCKS. The guy is the Loser Energizer Bunny...unstoppable.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Do I have to do everything around here? Christ, this is the last thread about Ray Donovan and the 3rd season is finished. If there was a thought they blew the hell out of everything at the end of the second season then I don't know what to say about the end of the third. Too much to even recap. All of you fuckers are a serious disappointment to me. Christmas is gonna be very meager unless things start shaping up.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Shapecharge wrote:Do I have to do everything around here? Christ, this is the last thread about Ray Donovan and the 3rd season is finished. If there was a thought they blew the hell out of everything at the end of the second season then I don't know what to say about the end of the third. Too much to even recap. All of you fuckers are a serious disappointment to me. Christmas is gonna be very meager unless things start shaping up.
I still consider Ray Donovan a solid show, but this season three was kinda 'meh'. I guess that, after Biederman's departure, they're still trying to find their own voice (all the catholic guilt stuff was ridiculously lame).

In case you're not following them, 'Hell on Wheels' and 'House of Cards' are excellent. And I'm digging 'The Leftovers' too.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

The Leftovers...humm your the second person in the last few weeks that said I should give that a try.

You are spot on relative to that Catholic stuff.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The Leftovers is good. Never going to get super-popular, but it's good.