Presidential Election 2016 (was "Debates")

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Presidential Debates

Post by Protobuilder »

1. Hillary will try to throw out obscure details and facts related to foreign policy ("That reminds me of when I had lunch with the the Vice Minister of Education for the Ukraine...") to try to make Trump look uninformed.
2. Nobody will remember anything that Hillary says.
3. Trump will repeatedly hammer on three to four talking points.
4. Everybody will be taking about 2-3 things that Trump says.
5. Both sides claim victory.
6. Public opinion polls overwhelmingly say Trump won the debate.
7. The media overwhelmingly says Hillary won the debate.
8. At least one major media organization will screw up and run their headline about Hillary crushing Trump before the debate kicks off.
9. Hillary wins if she gets through the debate without collapsing or letting Trump get under her skin.
10. Trump wins if he gets two good sound bites out of it and doesn't let Hillary get under his skin.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Protobuilder wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
dead man walking wrote:donald is keeping it classy:
Gennifer Flowers, a model and entertainer who had an affair with Bill Clinton while he was governor of Arkansas, said that she will attend Monday night’s presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, at Trump’s invitation.
Mad genius.
Indeed. It's fun to see reporters explain her significance to people who don't remember.
I wonder if Hillary is going to invite Spencer Wagner.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

dead man walking wrote:
johno wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:Preconceptions will be reinforced.
I think either one has a chance for a breakthrough with undecided voters.
are there really any undecided voters at this point?

they'd have to be cave dwellers, with no communication with the outside world. seriously, you don't have enough info to decide?

fact is, information is irrelevant. 95% of the voters are basing their votes 95% on emotion. that's what the science says.
There are.
For some, the choices are so bad they need to decide if they should bother to vote at all. Or if a vote for Johnson or Stein is really a vote for___
Or if one maybe one candidate really is slightly less horrific than the other.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

In this thing, whoever "wins" the debate really says more about the judges than the judged.
Don’t believe everything you think.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

nafod wrote:In this thing, whoever "wins" the debate really says more about the judges than the judged.
I'll bet the tweets and talking points about why "we" won have already been written and are queued up waiting for someone to hit the send button. Same with excuses and backpedals.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

does the debate even matter, now that kim has announced her pick?
“I’m with her. I believe Hillary will best represent our country and is the most qualified for the job. This year, I’m not just voting for myself, but also for my children, and I took that into careful consideration when I made my decision.”
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

Hilary will drink the blood from an unbaptized christian baby live on the air. the people who are voting for her will vote for her anyway. they want to be a part of electing "the first woman president".
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

I'm taking a sip every time Trump says, "believe me", "emails".

And every time Clinton says,"unfit", and "immigrants".
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Traffic in my neighborhood will be fucked up until these assholes get out of town.
Tantum validus superstes

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The odds on this one are interesting: http://www.oddsshark.com/entertainment/ ... -prop-bets
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I am seriously hoping that the whole thing devolves into one massive screaming mess.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

I was at work. Who won?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:I was at work. Who won?
The media.

Everyone else lost.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

if being volatile and unable to speak in complete sentences is your standard, donald is your huckleberry.

donald is saying his mike was defective.

guiliani says pumpkin donnie should skip the next two debates.

ultimate proof will come when clinton gets a bump in the polls in the next week.

will it hold?

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

I don't think anything either one of them says will change even one vote. Have the election tomorrow and let's be done with the whole embarrassing process.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

this whole thing was a disgrace. fucking hell.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

I was comforted to learn Trump's 10 yr old son plays minecraft and will head his cyber security team.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

From what I saw, Hillary out-debated Trump. (And I despise Hillary...would never vote for her.)
But Trump may have achieved his fundamental goal: not looking like someone aching to start WWIII. For voters who want "Change," that may be all he needs to do.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Thud wrote:I was comforted to learn Trump's 10 yr old son plays minecraft and will head his cyber security team.
What his son does on computers is really very very amazing. It's incredible what he does with those things, really unbelievable incredible incredible what he does. I can barely believe it.

The fact that she mentioned Russians & hacking and he failed to scream "EMAIL SERVER IN THE BATHROOM" multiple times was a major missed opportunity IMO.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Agree, Donk. The whole topic was an underhand pitch to him and he didn't even take a swing.

I think she scored a big point when she said he's chiding her for staying home and prepping for the debate, which she did, and she's also prepping to be president. It really exposes Donald for thinking he can bluster his way to, and through, the presidency.

It's not that Trump isn't a bright guy, he is. But he's got ADD or something that prevents him from focusing and going deep. And the irony is, I think he was the one getting mentally fatigued. He's the one who doesn't have the stamina for this.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

johno wrote:From what I saw, Hillary out-debated Trump. (And I despise Hillary...would never vote for her.)
But Trump may have achieved his fundamental goal: not looking like someone aching to start WWIII. For voters who want "Change," that may be all he needs to do.
Dunno about the WWIII thing. Treating our NATO allies like they're part of some mob shakedown for protection and "kicking the ass" of Iranian planes that get too close to US warships seem pretty likely to cause some UNREST in the world.

Suggesting that more countries get access to nukes seems like an odd way to assure voters that the world would be safer with him in office. Not knowing what the Nuclear Triad even was was enough for me to disqualify his candidacy.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Thud wrote:I was comforted to learn Trump's 10 yr old son plays minecraft and will head his cyber security team.
What his son does on computers is really very very amazing. It's incredible what he does with those things, really unbelievable incredible incredible what he does. I can barely believe it.

The fact that she mentioned Russians & hacking and he failed to scream "EMAIL SERVER IN THE BATHROOM" multiple times was a major missed opportunity IMO.
No kidding.

My daughter was like "He has a 10 year old?"

Did Rosie O'Donnell really just get a shout-out in a debate to select the next leader of the free world?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Amazing to consider that Trump's baseline expectation was "don't throw shit at the audience & you'll win" and he couldn't even surpass that.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

johno wrote:From what I saw, Hillary out-debated Trump. (And I despise Hillary...would never vote for her.)
Darth is less likely to start WWIII than Hillary.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

apparently, post debate, he is attacking the fat miss universe. it's important that he make sure we know she truly is a pig.