How many facebook friends did you loose this week?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

kreator

Re: How many facebook friends did you loose this week?

Post by kreator »

None. I've mostly bit my tongue on social media with a few exceptions. When was the last time you saw anyone's mind change over this stuff? Most of those people are so set in their ways.

My fiancée voted Clinton, I voted Johnson. We talked about it for 15 seconds then moved on with our lives.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Boris wrote:
On the other hand, I do know people that have been on the receiving end of some pretty despicable shit based on their color/ethnicity. It's not all lies. Sorry, but I do think Trump has something to do with that and that's not okay.
That's terrible, but I'm not sure they're Trump supporters?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6dzZdceT4[/youtube]
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Boris wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote: But as long as the social media lamentations and riots and fake "they stole my burkas" claims continue, my touchdown dance will continue.
Great - everyone descends into 6th grade cheers and jeers... Do you just walk into crowds and start chanting Trump? You'll be very popular w. about 50% of Americans.

I get it - no one is more disgusted by the "Oh, I'm so distraught I can't go to class and learn" whining than me.

On the other hand, I do know people that have been on the receiving end of some pretty despicable shit based on their color/ethnicity. It's not all lies. Sorry, but I do think Trump has something to do with that and that's not okay.
I am sorry that happened to your friends. Despite my internet expressions, i practice and expect folks to treat everybody else with manners and courtesy. Except at IGx where i assume everybody here can hack it and isn't having a meltdown at each setback.

I think i speak for a lot of people who are out of patience at the accusations of sexist, racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, science denier blah blah blah. It has become part of the tactics, techniques, and procedures of the left to accuse everybody they disagree with of hate, prejudice, and bias and refuse to debate the issues. In the buffet of reasons why Hilliary lost one is lots of voters aren't ok with the accusations, the violence, the entitlement, and the self defined superiority of the Democratic party.Not to mention the inbreeding with the media. In my experience over the last two days the people i have called out for this kind of thing have been shocked that anybody would challenge them. Depending on your point of view that is either good or bad news that me and many like me have only just begun. Maybe in an hour or a few days or a few months or maybe never i will just go back to shrugging it off. But for now, i am just not going to tolerate it without response. I will point out their violence and unrest that happened because they didn't get their way. I will offer the Olive Branch of you were played by the Clintonistas and their ilk, but I will engage the left. I will point out the hollowness of their beliefs. I will particularly undercut they are the sole espousers of science. If they commit violence or riot i will not be around. But if they accost me or my family in public, and i don't have a Trump bumper sticker or even a hat because my risk/reward estimation is that it will cause me a needless police interrogation after i end the confrontation, things are going to get very high speed for them very, very quickly. Enough. if Hilliary would have won i would have been disappointed but would be back to Ops Normal at the PL54 compound, just like i did 4 and 8 years ago. Imagine the outcry if douchebags rioted and made fools of themselves after Mr Obama's wins.

Just knock it off.

And then lets debate and horsetrade public policy that engages economic growth and wages, controls the border and trade, and defines the role and spending of of our foreign policy. And ruthlessly destroys Jihadists.

But no cardio. F that.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Didn't read this thread. But stop using facebook. Jfc.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

powerlifter54 wrote: I think i speak for a lot of people who are out of patience at the accusations of . . . science denier . . . I will particularly undercut they are the sole espousers of science.

But no cardio. F that.
the right seems seriously wrong on climate, and the xtian right seems delusional on evolution. if they (you?) maintain those positions, you should expect to remain in a war of ideas.

but then, i'm a cardio guy, so how likely is it that we would agree?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

bennyonesix wrote:Didn't read this thread. But stop using facebook. Jfc.
We can still chat nasty via Skype though, right?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Protobuilder wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:Didn't read this thread. But stop using facebook. Jfc.
We can still chat nasty via Skype though, right?
l_rizzo_305x260-1.jpg
l_rizzo_305x260-1.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 7830 times

Boris

Post by Boris »

powerlifter54 wrote:
Boris wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote: But as long as the social media lamentations and riots and fake "they stole my burkas" claims continue, my touchdown dance will continue.
Great - everyone descends into 6th grade cheers and jeers... Do you just walk into crowds and start chanting Trump? You'll be very popular w. about 50% of Americans.

I get it - no one is more disgusted by the "Oh, I'm so distraught I can't go to class and learn" whining than me.

I am sorry that happened to your friends. Despite my internet expressions, i practice and expect folks to treat everybody else with manners and courtesy. Except at IGx where i assume everybody here can hack it and isn't having a meltdown at each setback.

I think i speak for a lot of people who are out of patience at the accusations of sexist, racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, science denier blah blah blah. It has become part of the tactics, techniques, and procedures of the left to accuse everybody they disagree with of hate, prejudice, and bias and refuse to debate the issues. In the buffet of reasons why Hilliary lost one is lots of voters aren't ok with the accusations, the violence, the entitlement, and the self defined superiority of the Democratic party.Not to mention the inbreeding with the media. In my experience over the last two days the people i have called out for this kind of thing have been shocked that anybody would challenge them. Depending on your point of view that is either good or bad news that me and many like me have only just begun. Maybe in an hour or a few days or a few months or maybe never i will just go back to shrugging it off. But for now, i am just not going to tolerate it without response. I will point out their violence and unrest that happened because they didn't get their way. I will offer the Olive Branch of you were played by the Clintonistas and their ilk, but I will engage the left. I will point out the hollowness of their beliefs. I will particularly undercut they are the sole espousers of science. If they commit violence or riot i will not be around. But if they accost me or my family in public, and i don't have a Trump bumper sticker or even a hat because my risk/reward estimation is that it will cause me a needless police interrogation after i end the confrontation, things are going to get very high speed for them very, very quickly. Enough. if Hilliary would have won i would have been disappointed but would be back to Ops Normal at the PL54 compound, just like i did 4 and 8 years ago. Imagine the outcry if douchebags rioted and made fools of themselves after Mr Obama's wins.

Just knock it off.

And then lets debate and horsetrade public policy that engages economic growth and wages, controls the border and trade, and defines the role and spending of of our foreign policy. And ruthlessly destroys Jihadists.

But no cardio. F that.
Jack,
I don't think I disagree w. a word you've written here.

That said, I have no doubts whatsoever that there would have been mass protests had Hillary won. You can argue that the media led outcry against the protesters would have been worse if they were Trump supporters, but please don't argue that the protest wouldn't have happened.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I lost 0 friends because 90% of friends on facebook are not my fucking friends.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Boris wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:
Boris wrote:

Just knock it off.

But no cardio. F that.
Jack,
I don't think I disagree w. a word you've written here.

That said, I have no doubts whatsoever that there would have been mass protests had Hillary won. You can argue that the media led outcry against the protesters would have been worse if they were Trump supporters, but please don't argue that the protest wouldn't have happened.
Fair enough. But i do not think there is any evidence at all that Trump supporters in any numbers would be rioting in the streets, burning cars and flags, and threatening more violence. Rush and Hannity may have had a 20 minute meltdown. But we have seen for the last two years the left only continuously carry out violent protest. It is just part of their playbook. I think the protests the last two years hurt Hilliary a lot. Note the confluence of the areas rioting with the high crime Democratic precincts. They probably won't try this crap in red America. For their own safety. They need to go back to Starbucks and their Womyn's studies and not winter but wear a watch cap life.

On a different subject i pondered the wisdom yesterday of Trump reaching out to Bernie. Since he is basically a community organizer with some mediocre carpentry skills, not sure where he would bring much value. But some of what he said jumped out to even my fairly conservative wife. Maybe the Secretary of Rigged. lol. But if i were Trump i seriously would include Bernie even as a unofficial advisor. Because as much as i say we won and elections matter and do what you said you are going to do Republicans, i think it will go better and smoother and faster if we listen and at left throw the left a bone. Like minimum wage, transient worker program, and some realistic terms on student loans. Then you start building the wall in at least some places, and let the rest be covered by sensors and Reserve Military ISR aircraft currently doing drug enforcement. You build up our Energy Infrastructure on Wind, Natural Gas, Pipelines and have a plan to develop battery technology and solar via commercial not government funded means. You grow nuclear. You fix the infrastructure. These are $25-75 and hour jobs. Screw min wage focus, lets talk real family supporting kids in college money. Then read Books like "The Pentagon's New Map" and realize we are spending an assload to fight china someday but are ignoring the conflicts and technology we need to fight there. And even if we need to be there.

Need to stop.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

pl54

what's your view on manufacturing?

we still make lots of stuff in the u.s., but those who shop at walmart (and the like) are getting low prices because of international trade. and guys here at igx are likely buying foreign-made training shoes, unless they buy new balance.

one brother, now dead, lost his job as a steelworker in pa when the plant shut down. couldn't compete. he got some kind of one-time compensatory payment from the government and a lifetime of anger.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

Politics is a minefield - enter at your peril. :) Most semi reasonable people I know have beliefs in line with both parties - an example might be
I believe in universal health care - just not exactly the way Obamacare does it. Devils in the details I guess.

I like lots of the stuff Trump says but as a person - not so much. Too much hate spewed for my taste in too gross a manner. I like plain talk but saying fuck on national TV and making fun of some of the people he did isn't exactly presidential in my mind. But he's the president and all this stupid rioting etc isn't going to change that. Congress is where the rubber meets the road and not many were paying attention to those races - which should have been a big deal - el presidente can't do much without them.

PS I was not a Hillary fan either.

Boris

Post by Boris »

powerlifter54 wrote: Fair enough. But i do not think there is any evidence at all that Trump supporters in any numbers would be rioting in the streets, burning cars and flags, and threatening more violence. Rush and Hannity may have had a 20 minute meltdown. But we have seen for the last two years the left only continuously carry out violent protest. It is just part of their playbook. I think the protests the last two years hurt Hilliary a lot. Note the confluence of the areas rioting with the high crime Democratic precincts. They probably won't try this crap in red America. For their own safety. They need to go back to Starbucks and their Womyn's studies and not winter but wear a watch cap life.
Jesus, your hate for liberals blinds you to the BS that exists squarely in the conservative camp... Had HRC won, the gloating would have been just as bad, and while I believe you're correct that the protesters probably would have covered their hearts during the national anthem and not burned the flag, "deplorables" wouldn't hesitate to exercise their second amendment rights to defend their first... Maybe that appeals to you more than 'libtards" burning a flag, but it does not to me.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

So the momster and I had our discussion, and this was us addressing the topic for the rest of the night. Heh

Don’t believe everything you think.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Boris wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote: Fair enough. But i do not think there is any evidence at all that Trump supporters in any numbers would be rioting in the streets, burning cars and flags, and threatening more violence. Rush and Hannity may have had a 20 minute meltdown. But we have seen for the last two years the left only continuously carry out violent protest. It is just part of their playbook. I think the protests the last two years hurt Hilliary a lot. Note the confluence of the areas rioting with the high crime Democratic precincts. They probably won't try this crap in red America. For their own safety. They need to go back to Starbucks and their Womyn's studies and not winter but wear a watch cap life.
Jesus, your hate for liberals blinds you to the BS that exists squarely in the conservative camp... Had HRC won, the gloating would have been just as bad, and while I believe you're correct that the protesters probably would have covered their hearts during the national anthem and not burned the flag, "deplorables" wouldn't hesitate to exercise their second amendment rights to defend their first... Maybe that appeals to you more than 'libtards" burning a flag, but it does not to me.
@ Boris, the 'problem' with many libs (and I am not a conservative), is that the very things they despise are often the very things they are guilty of, too. Take racism, which is clearly one of my favorites right now as it is on the left. White, college educated kids shout racism at any inkling of chat about problems within certain ethnic communities that are cultural in nature, not because of whitey's policies. I worked in Harlem in the early 90s as a cop for 3 years and the fact is that 90% of the people of color up there were good folks, had jobs, ect. 10% however were everything from lazy, welfare mommas to flat out violent street criminals. God forbid anyone talks about that to a white lib. They blame poverty and a lack of opportunity, which is a flat out insult to that 90% that does not fit the white lib stereotype. That is a liberal version of racism in itself, IMO. As is implying that white, rural living goobers are racists. Many of you live in a bubble of 'love to hate' and have inadvertently been the cause of many problems we have today.

RE: the bubble and the liberal media whose tits many libs suck off of to fuel their 'justified anger'. Things are coming full circle, and people who rely on The Gray Lady and other 'reputable' sources are starting to wake-up.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/11/new-york-t ... -on-trump/

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Everybody on FB talking about "hate winning" when the pro-war, pro-blow-up-civilians candidate lost. Bizarro World- we live there.

milosz

Post by milosz »

I don't friend anyone on social media who isn't an actual flesh and blood person I've cared about in some way - maybe it was in junior high but there's still a real connection there - so none. Even if there are political disagreements I'm not friends with assholes and not going to be an asshole to my friends.

Everyone I've seen really arguing has been doing so with a co-worker or second cousin or something and why even pretend you're friends to start with?

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

regarding racism and hate:
Black students at the University of Pennsylvania suddenly began receiving racist texts Friday. . .
More than 100 students were placed into a group "N----- Lynching" and sent a series of racial epithets and photos of African-Americans hanging from trees by nooses from users like "Daddy Trump." An event invitation called "Daily Lynching" also went out to the students added to the group message.
a univ of oklahoma student has been suspended in connection with the incident.

i don't think it is mere coincidence that this incident (and others like it) follow trump's election.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

I realized today that someone blocked me. Didn't just unfollow and didn't unfriend, but actually blocked me. I tried to like a post and it wouldn't go through.
Naturally, the fucking pussy is a crossfitter.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Boris

Post by Boris »

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote: @ Boris, the 'problem' with many libs (and I am not a conservative), is that the very things they despise are often the very things they are guilty of, too. Take racism, which is clearly one of my favorites right now as it is on the left. White, college educated kids shout racism at any inkling of chat about problems within certain ethnic communities that are cultural in nature, not because of whitey's policies. I worked in Harlem in the early 90s as a cop for 3 years and the fact is that 90% of the people of color up there were good folks, had jobs, ect. 10% however were everything from lazy, welfare mommas to flat out violent street criminals. God forbid anyone talks about that to a white lib. They blame poverty and a lack of opportunity, which is a flat out insult to that 90% that does not fit the white lib stereotype. That is a liberal version of racism in itself, IMO. As is implying that white, rural living goobers are racists. Many of you live in a bubble of 'love to hate' and have inadvertently been the cause of many problems we have today.

RE: the bubble and the liberal media whose tits many libs suck off of to fuel their 'justified anger'. Things are coming full circle, and people who rely on The Gray Lady and other 'reputable' sources are starting to wake-up.

Look, you don't need to tell the problem with liberals. I get it. And please don't throw me into that mix. HOWEVER, I still have zero reason to believe it would have been so different if Hillary had won and no amount of finger pointing at the failings of liberals will convince me otherwise.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Best protest sign, via Reddit:

One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Boris wrote:
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote: @ Boris, the 'problem' with many libs (and I am not a conservative), is that the very things they despise are often the very things they are guilty of, too. Take racism, which is clearly one of my favorites right now as it is on the left. White, college educated kids shout racism at any inkling of chat about problems within certain ethnic communities that are cultural in nature, not because of whitey's policies. I worked in Harlem in the early 90s as a cop for 3 years and the fact is that 90% of the people of color up there were good folks, had jobs, ect. 10% however were everything from lazy, welfare mommas to flat out violent street criminals. God forbid anyone talks about that to a white lib. They blame poverty and a lack of opportunity, which is a flat out insult to that 90% that does not fit the white lib stereotype. That is a liberal version of racism in itself, IMO. As is implying that white, rural living goobers are racists. Many of you live in a bubble of 'love to hate' and have inadvertently been the cause of many problems we have today.

LHOWEVER, I still have zero reason to believe it would have been so different if Hillary had won and no amount of finger pointing at the failings of liberals will convince me otherwise.
There were no butthurt protests from the righties when The Obama won two elections....That's a pretty compelling reason. Perhaps you're right in that the Bernie lovers would have still protested.

milosz

Post by milosz »

Herv100 wrote:Everybody on FB talking about "hate winning" when the pro-war, pro-blow-up-civilians candidate lost. Bizarro World- we live there.
Trump advocated invading Libya (and then repaying ourselves with oil). The GOP as a whole thinks we should have continued occupying Iraq in force (which would have been interesting, given they would have kicked us out had we not agreed to hold troops responsible for collateral damage) or at minimum put a lot more boots on the ground.

You're delusional if you think this will be anything but the standard hawkish GOP, those are the people entrenching themselves already. Well, except for intelligence because they can't find anyone willing to take the job.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I don't think inlos any but I'm not hyper political and let's face it if you're Facebook friends with me for any length of time you get what you deserve.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

milosz wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Everybody on FB talking about "hate winning" when the pro-war, pro-blow-up-civilians candidate lost. Bizarro World- we live there.
Trump advocated invading Libya (and then repaying ourselves with oil). The GOP as a whole thinks we should have continued occupying Iraq in force (which would have been interesting, given they would have kicked us out had we not agreed to hold troops responsible for collateral damage) or at minimum put a lot more boots on the ground.

You're delusional if you think this will be anything but the standard hawkish GOP, those are the people entrenching themselves already. Well, except for intelligence because they can't find anyone willing to take the job.
He's already said trying to overthrow Assad is pretty much history. Step in right direction IMO