Cultural appropriation

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Cultural appropriation

Post by TerryB »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:I feel for young people in college today. Like a toddler learns the intricacies of movement, young students are learning emotionally how to begin their movement to adulthood.

Traditional cultural lodestones like religion, patriotism, traditional gender behavior & etc. lack vigor or are suppressed, sometimes furiously, in some areas. Something had to fill the void (something always fills the void) and it's an oddly inverse form of Puritanism complete with religio-political SJW dogma, speech codes, witch trials, and punishments akin to the public humiliations of the stocks and career executions..

I don't know what to call the condition other than Progressive fundamentalism, and like many fundamentalisms, it's rigid, closed off, and wants to control others.
well said
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:Traditional cultural lodestones like religion, patriotism, traditional gender behavior & etc. lack vigor or are suppressed, sometimes furiously, in some areas.
Never underestimate the power of college football to fill the cultural lodestone void on campus.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

I still see a lot of traditional gender behavior on my campus.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Pinky wrote:I still see a lot of traditional gender behavior on my campus.
Of course you do - it's human nature. It will take draconian measures to suppress it. But the Left has some ideas....

...ideas for how the Little People should behave. Of course, the rulers will carry on wherever/however their bents take them.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Pinky wrote:I still see a lot of traditional gender behavior on my campus.
Our students ask themselves when confronted with ethically challenging gender interactions, "What would Trump do?"
Don’t believe everything you think.

JohnDoe
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnDoe »

Best definition I've heard was from a young black woman who was advised to straighten her hair for job interviews and, while waiting for the interview, read an article on how white girls could simulate kinky hair and an afro. That's a little different from the fact that chicken tikka masala is from Scotland or that West African wax resist dyed fabrics originated in Indonesia. At least to me it is. Samsies on Victoria's Secret models wearing Plains Indians Headdresses.

I do wonder if its necessary in some ways. Groups meet with different levels of power, borrowing occurs. Hip hop is an interesting example. From Vanilla Ice through Eminem to ?uestlove now saying that hip hop belongs to everyone. Appropriation had to occur in that instance to get to universality.

Cue Jack telling me that Trump is a genius and I'll never understand why he one or some bullshit. Dude is one step away from handing out electoral maps.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:I feel for young people in college today. Like a toddler learns the intricacies of movement, young students are learning emotionally how to begin their movement to adulthood.

Traditional cultural lodestones like religion, patriotism, traditional gender behavior & etc. lack vigor or are suppressed, sometimes furiously, in some areas. Something had to fill the void (something always fills the void) and it's an oddly inverse form of Puritanism complete with religio-political SJW dogma, speech codes, witch trials, and punishments akin to the public humiliations of the stocks and career executions..

I don't know what to call the condition other than Progressive fundamentalism, and like many fundamentalisms, it's rigid, closed off, and wants to control others.
Step One: White Culture is devoid of value

Step Two: Whites may not adopt other Cultures

Step Three: Kill the Boer

And just lol at you white fag hags and race doesn't real shitlibs if you think your self inflicted mind death will protect you.

You are every bit the Boer I am in their eyes.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Cultural crime.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lWwBslWqg[/youtube]