Tuft & Needle Mattress

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Tuft & Needle Mattress

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Got a crazy good Black Friday deal for a king mattress for $550. Also got the shredded memory foam pillows recommended by Wirecutter. Was changing from a queen bed with a regular spring mattress

Great bed. Not as sinky/huggy as Tempurpedic, which I'd worried about as I don't like that feel. The edge support (foam mattresses can feel like you will fall of near the sides) is better than Leesa mattresses, which I'd considered as well.

I had a sore back for a couple days and then it worked well. Everyday price on these is lower than Leesa/Casper/etc. and the quality is excellent. Highly recommend.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JimZipCode

Re: Tuft & Needle Mattress

Post by JimZipCode »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:41 am... recommended by Wirecutter.
Since you mentioned them back in the cheap pocket knife thread, I've been fucking obsessed with the Wirecutter. I've bought so much goddam stuff they recommended. I also like just reading the reviews, even of shit that I never want to get.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Yeah, it's fantastic. Product recommendations aren't rocket science, but you have to get some SME's together to actually do them, and you want transparency. It's really unusual now that I buy something in a review category and it's not what they suggest.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Meh, all those mattresses in a box are dogshit

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 pm Meh, all those mattresses in a box are dogshit
That's not what your mom said in the van last night.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I have a Bear Mattress that is supposed to sleep cooler. Love it once I got used to it.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."