So are we gonna talk about GoT or what?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

So are we gonna talk about GoT or what?

Post by Shapecharge »

It ended Sunday after premiering in April 2011 and not one of you booger-eaters are watching it? What say you, mouthbreaters? C'mon let's hear your thoughts. I know there's only like six people still on this site but surely a couple of you have watched the fucking show. Jeez.

dingleberry
Manpussy Apprentice

Re: So are we gonna talk about GoT or what?

Post by dingleberry »

I thought the ending was very anti climactic. Feels sort of like the last season was phoned in, but if the original author got tired of it and couldn't figure out how to end the story why would we expect more of anyone else.

Wife thinks they should spin off the Adventures of Arya.
nafod wrote:I do find I am spending more and more time in the bathroom in the morning, just staring at myself and wondering if I am pretty.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Somebody wrote that it's a testament to Martin how much the show drifted once there wasn't any more source material, which is very accurate.

Had Danerys torched KL because she knew she had to scare the shit out of people to not support Jon, I think that may have been a logical move. The way it was played was loco and completely inconsistent with how she'd previously liberated cities. It just didn't make any sense.

Laughing at Sam Tarly's suggestion after I said out loud "You can't seriously fuck up this show this bad" was pretty awesome though.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

They had all the necessary pieces but couldn't put it together. The Long Night and The Bells episodes were good, but the pacing was all wrong and there were a lot of extreme missteps in the final season. That said, was happy the Starks took everything: King of the Six Kingdoms, Queen of the North, King Beyond the Wall, and Arya to win the New World.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Dragon: "Hey, Dani, I'll just step out for a minute while you meet with Jon. Can I get you anything?"
Dani: "No, I'm good. I just had a Starbucks. See you in five."
Dragon: "K, Bye."

(Minutes Pass)

Dragon: "Hey, WTF? Jon, you know about this?"
Jon: "I think Dani hurt herself sitting in that pointy chair over there." (Jon points dramatically.)

Dragon: "RAWR! RAWR!!!" (Chair melts.)
Dragon: "OK, Done. C'mon Dani. Bye, Jon."
Jon: "Bye."
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Drogon couldn't do anything to Jon, he was the alpha Targaryen.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Season 8 was a pile of poo, if you agree and you haven't seen this video:

But if you liked it, that's cool too. No big deal.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You didn't like The Long Night? That episode was some epic shit. I agree it was not a good season as a cohesive whole, but it had its moments.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I originally gave "The Long Night" a C-

But after a few days I revised it to an F

Obviously the shit looked epic, but having the Dothraki snuffed out via a moronic strategy for a gorgeous cinematic and then two episodes later having them wreaking havoc with NO explanation as to how they survived is but one of the many, many flaws of just that episode.

I mean I can draw up perhaps twenty reasons regarding my F, but I don't think that if you enjoyed it you need to hear them. And I was one of the people that couldn't see shit because of how dark it was (lights off, blinds shut didn't help). I heard they fixed the terrible dimness in later releases of the episode due to outrage, but by that point I was ready to write the entire show off.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You picky little whore.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

The whole season was disappointing. I was hoping that it would be satisfying enough that I wouldn't have to read that fat bastard's last books if he ever finishes them, but now it looks like I'm going to have to. As someone said on another forum, that last scene from "The Bells" with Arya riding off on the white horse should have been the last scene of the season with a whole other season to follow. Some cool moments, yes but overall, this wasn't worth a 2 year wait.
Tantum validus superstes

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

All true.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:03 pm You didn't like The Long Night? That episode was some epic shit. I agree it was not a good season as a cohesive whole, but it had its moments.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

I could understand the darkness for the scene where the Dothrakis got wiped out. But I had to watch it on different devices and maximize the lighting just to see what was going on in general. Blackwater Bay was fought at night also, no? No problems there. Artistic license is one thing but don't you think most fans wanted to actually SEE the army the dead. Poor choice for a mass market audience. Sometimes you've got to suck it up and make the people that are paying your bills happy,
Tantum validus superstes

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

The ending was clearly botched.

I don't know who made the decision to make the ultimate enemy Cersei. Her threat should have been eliminated then the big boss battle would have been with the Night King.

I mean, it's The Song of Fire and Ice...and in the end there was just fire? and a bunch of lame thread tying?

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

The farther removed we get, the more disappointing the whole season seems. They had no clue how to give it a proper finish so they just decided to camouflage the effort with big battles and special effects.
Tantum validus superstes

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

This.
Fat Cat wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:56 pm They had all the necessary pieces but couldn't put it together. The Long Night and The Bells episodes were good, but the pacing was all wrong and there were a lot of extreme missteps in the final season. That said, was happy the Starks took everything: King of the Six Kingdoms, Queen of the North, King Beyond the Wall, and Arya to win the New World.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The series should have ended with Arya sailing into New York harbor, marrying some rich guy for his money and then killing him, and opening up a boutique art studio decorated with unusual masks.
Don’t believe everything you think.