Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Wolverine: The Long Night Podcast

Post by Turdacious »

Ten episode podcast available on Stitcher. Originally available on the pay version of Stitcher, it's now available for free. The basic plot: Wolverine has gone to a remote Alaska town to escape from whatever and just wants to be left alone (not the first time this has happened); once there he encounters an evil drug-running family, a cult led by a charismatic leader, some quasi-innocent townfolk, and a pair of federal agents. It's a little slow but tolerable through nine 30 minute-ish episodes, but on episode 10 it jumps forward, crams in a lot of plot twists which require a prexisting level of knowledge with Wolverine's history from the comics, and ends some existing plot threads way too quickly.

It's almost worth the price I paid for it, but not worth the time I spent listening to it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Wolverine: The Long Night Podcast

Post by Fat Cat »

A Wolverine podcast is peak nerdism.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Wolverine: The Long Night Podcast

Post by Turdacious »

The second series builds on the first. It's an improvement and worth listening to. Much lighter on melodrama and more comic booky.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule