Upgraded Lauer Accusations

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Upgraded Lauer Accusations

Post by Turdacious »

Accuser came forward with new allegation of Kobe style sex with Lauer (but continued to have consensual 'completely transactional' sex with him afterwards). Allegedly told colleagues who did nothing. Got seven figures from NBC (which presumably meant she signed an NDA) but coming forward anyway. In book by guy who broke Weinstein story. Thoughts?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/matt-l ... 203364485/
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Upgraded Lauer Accusations

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Ronan Farrow, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein...there sure is a lot of a (((certain kind of people))) involved in all of this debauchery.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

What used to be wink/nod accepted as the price of doing business is no longer OK.

There's a lot of men wishing they could "delete their browser history" now.
Judy Garland experienced rampant sexual harassment and assault during her rise to fame, which began when she was just a child.

According to Gerald Clarke, Garland's biographer, men in Hollywood regularly approached Garland for sex when she was between the ages of 16 and 20. Clark says famous producer Louis B. Mayer repeatedly groped her while she sang, placing his hand on her left breast to "show just where her heart was."

"I often thought I was lucky that I didn't sing with another part of my anatomy," Garland once said.
https://www.newsweek.com/old-hollywood- ... ect-710885
Don’t believe everything you think.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Louis B. Mayer...I swear, there's a pattern emerging.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:31 pm Louis B. Mayer...I swear, there's a pattern emerging.
Indeed
While the president has publicly faced allegations from two dozen women, this book reveals another 43 allegations of alleged inappropriate behavior, including 26 instances of unwanted sexual contact.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:18 pm Ronan Farrow, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein...there sure is a lot of a (((certain kind of people))) involved in all of this debauchery.
Frank Sinatra was Jewish?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

nafod wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:34 pm
Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:31 pm Louis B. Mayer...I swear, there's a pattern emerging.
Indeed
While the president has publicly faced allegations from two dozen women, this book reveals another 43 allegations of alleged inappropriate behavior, including 26 instances of unwanted sexual contact.
Along those lines...have you seen the company he keeps?

Lie down with dogs, rise with fleas.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Turdacious wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:18 pm Ronan Farrow, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein...there sure is a lot of a (((certain kind of people))) involved in all of this debauchery.
I think he's Sinatra's kid, as well. However, rearing can overcome the blood, and he spent a lot of time around a pedo filmmaker.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Somebody said “Ronan Farrow is Omar for old white men”
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:25 pm
Turdacious wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm
I think he's Sinatra's kid, as well. However, rearing can overcome the blood, and he spent a lot of time around a pedo filmmaker.

I can't hate him. His mother's a whore, and his 'father' is the only bulletproof pedo in hollywood. With his upbringing, you'd expect that he'd be more likely to be getting pounded by a 400 lb Marlon Brando (ala Richard Pryor) than providing a useful service to society.