Sometimes the insanity is just mind-blowing.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Schlegel

Sometimes the insanity is just mind-blowing.

Post by Schlegel »

So my wife is on a number of internet groups for moms, women in tech, etc. Sometimes there's problem advice, sometimes commiseration. Complaining about spouses is really common, just venting to a sympathetic audience. My wife enjoys these because invariably it makes her feel good about her pick. Tonight's gem was a lady whose husband came home and changed the channel she was watching without asking her if it was ok. Kinda jerky but not a huge deal, right?

The hilarious part was the wife is now sure her husband is a racist because he turned the TV from the Oprah special to The Fifth Element.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sometimes the insanity is just mind-blowing.

Post by Bram »

The 5th Element is almost always the right pick.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Schlegel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:23 am So my wife is on a number of internet groups for moms, women in tech, etc. Sometimes there's problem advice, sometimes commiseration. Complaining about spouses is really common, just venting to a sympathetic audience. My wife enjoys these because invariably it makes her feel good about her pick. Tonight's gem was a lady whose husband came home and changed the channel she was watching without asking her if it was ok. Kinda jerky but not a huge deal, right?

The hilarious part was the wife is now sure her husband is a racist because he turned the TV from the Oprah special to The Fifth Element.

Guess which phase are we in?

This is rapidly becoming the world predicted by the Demolition Man flick.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

2020 Living in the Age of Beta

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Hanglow Joe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:59 am 2020 Living in the Age of Beta
Yep.
In a fair and just society, the real issue here would have been why the TV wasn't set to The Fifth Element in anticipation of the breadwinner's triumphant return from getting shit done, and why there wasn't a hot meal on a plate beside the Lay-Z-Boy. The cold beer goes without saying.
Don't tell my wife I just posted that
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.