What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:10 am
nafod wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:57 pm Yeah, to be exact, I don't Cohen's book will move the polling. The virus will.
My gut says that you're right, but I don't see either the virus or the racial chimpout as being products of anything Trump did. I know you can't stand him, but look around the world at every kind of leader and government, from authoritarian to anarchic, everybody got a big bite of the shit sandwich.
This is not the conventional view here or elsewhere. Countries that took it seriously early on avoided the worst of it. Shithole countries did not. We ended up in the later camp this time around.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well, you are the resident expert in the conventional. But, let's have you make a point and I'll happily address it.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:11 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:10 am
nafod wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:57 pm Yeah, to be exact, I don't Cohen's book will move the polling. The virus will.
My gut says that you're right, but I don't see either the virus or the racial chimpout as being products of anything Trump did. I know you can't stand him, but look around the world at every kind of leader and government, from authoritarian to anarchic, everybody got a big bite of the shit sandwich.
This is not the conventional view here or elsewhere. Countries that took it seriously early on avoided the worst of it. Shithole countries did not. We ended up in the later camp this time around.
A graph of cumulative cases with Orangeman Bad quotes?

Is this facebook?

Jfc how does this amuse ppl or add something interesting?

Absolutely tedious stuff.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Any real non propagandist info should compare rates, not absolute numbers. Regardless of Trumpinions.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:07 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm Image

That's what I don't get. The self image of the Left is that they're fighting for the little guy against corrupt, racist, white Authority. Yet every major news outlet, every major corporation, academia, Hollywood, the recording industry, etc. all touts their line. Look who's on your side! Virtually every dominant force in American society for the past 30 years, or more. The very forces that made the world you think you're going to reform. Doesn't that give you cause for concern?
It's intra-ethnic cleansing.
Speaking of cleansing, I have a guilty schadenfreude about Seattle BLM types marching on gentrified housing and demanding it be returned to them. I'd bet my paycheck that >90% of the gentrifying residents voted for every ultra liberal put before them. But it's not enough, it's never enough. How do I know that and they don't??

It's almost a real life version of the movie Gremlins. The progressives got water on the mogwai, they let the mogwai eat after midnight, and....Seattle.

NYC's true paper of record - Alexander Hamilton's Post
“Do you know that before your white ass came here, this was all black people?” the man says. “Do you know people like you came in here and basically bought all the land from the black people for less than what it was worth, kicked them out so you could live here? Do you know that?”

The man continues: “’Cause if you don’t, now you f–king do — now do something about it!”

Another woman in the crowd then urges the residents to “open their wallet” as the man continues to yell at the unidentified residents off-camera.
In truth I feel badly for all caught up in the gentrification scam, involuntarily relocated native blacks (sound familiar?) and new residents whose investment is going to shit. Don't worry tho, Dem politicians and developers will be OK.

Election context: scared white people vote Trump.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

It's a replay of the ethnic cleansing of the Eastern Seaboard Cities of Catholics in the 60's and 70's.

I'm really getting a Nixon 1972 vibe from this.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Comma-La not a huge hit with the brothers:

Earlier this week, Joe Biden named Kamala Harris as his running mate. Democrats overwhelmingly like the California senator and have their eye on her to hold the top spot in 2024 if the Democratic ticket loses this time around, but a third of black voters say the announcement makes them less likely to throw their support behind the Democratic ticket despite their more favorable view of her.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 76% of Likely Democratic Voters have a favorable impression of Harris, including 48% who have a Very Favorable impression. Just 18% of Democrats have an unfavorable view of California’s former attorney general, with 11% who say Very Unfavorable. Among all voters, nearly half (49%) view Harris favorably and 44% view her unfavorable, with 28% who say Very Favorable and 33% who say Very Unfavorable.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... s_on_board
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Joe is playing 3D Checkers: Kamala gives him a lock on California.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

#NEW @CNN
National Poll

Biden/Harris 50% (+4)
Trump/Pence 46%

That’s a 10 point shift towards Trump In a month

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:01 am #NEW @CNN
National Poll

Biden/Harris 50% (+4)
Trump/Pence 46%

That’s a 10 point shift towards Trump In a month

Down 10 pts. and hasn't answered a single tough question. Off the cliff after people watch the dementia in action IMO.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Fortunately, thousands of fervent Democrats are gathering together in the streets to demand mail-in voting because it’s too dangerous to vote in-person.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Final volume of Senate Intelligence bipartisan & thorough investigation into Russian 2016 efforts is now public

https://intelligence.senate.gov/sites/d ... olume5.pdf

We found no evidence of “collusion”

But we did find troubling actions by the FBI, particularly their willingness to rely on “Steele Dossier”

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I am astounded by how many people continue to think the russki conspiracy and dossier are all true and reliable. They literally don't want to know about reality. At this point it's painfully obvious why the Dems were desperate not to reveal "sources and methods".

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The Republican members of the Senate Intelligence Committee were in charge of the report that went out Tuesday, which is specific that it does not use Steele's memos for support. The Republicans signed off on criminal referrals on Don Jr., Bannon, and Kushner related to this matter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... p-n1237002

This begs the question... what the fuck are you talking about?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 pm The Republican members of the Senate Intelligence Committee were in charge of the report that went out Tuesday, which is specific that it does not use Steele's memos for support. The Republicans signed off on criminal referrals on Don Jr., Bannon, and Kushner related to this matter.

I used to wonder if you were ignorant or facile. But I was wrong. You are both ignorant and facile.

Your whole act is just unthinkingly re-poasting shitlib facebook crap.

EVERYONE IS BOMBARDED BY THE BULLSHIT YOU POAST EVERY FUCKING DAY.

YOU POAST NOTHING NEW.

It's not like there aren't interesting things to say on the subject contra the arguments of those alleging bad actions.

There are. But you haven't bothered to figure them out. Instrad you just continue the BS of facebook here.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pmEVERYONE IS BOMBARDED BY THE BULLSHIT YOU POAST EVERY FUCKING DAY.
This is the least self-aware thing I have ever seen.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

RUSSIA IF YOU ARE LISTENING, IT'S TIME TO RELEASE THE PEE-PEE TAPES. THANKS!
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:49 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pmEVERYONE IS BOMBARDED BY THE BULLSHIT YOU POAST EVERY FUCKING DAY.
This is the least self-aware thing I have ever seen.
See, even this charge is tediously dull and a commonplace from shitlibs.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 pm The Republican members of the Senate Intelligence Committee were in charge of the report that went out Tuesday, which is specific that it does not use Steele's memos for support. The Republicans signed off on criminal referrals on Don Jr., Bannon, and Kushner related to this matter.

Does this claim anything more than that Trump read the wikileaks infodump, and discussed it?

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Schlegel wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Does this claim anything more than that Trump read the wikileaks infodump, and discussed it?
He doesn't fucking think about anything.

Complete cordyception.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Schlegel wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the if the most senior campaign people can be criminally involved, that Trump lied to investigators, but if Trump hasn't been proven to have personally taken direct action, that this is all on the up and up?

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I'm asking about the central point of the entire investigation enterprise... an alleged criminal conspiracy with Russia. I was assured by multiple politicians that there was incontrovertible evidence of one.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Schlegel wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:47 pmI'm asking about the central point of the entire investigation enterprise... an alleged criminal conspiracy with Russia. I was assured by multiple politicians that there was incontrovertible evidence of one.
I think early on when the White House tried hard to block/interfere with the investigation, and people started getting convicted of crimes for lying about Russia, a lot of people figured there was likely something there.

The Senate report came out yesterday, and it's 1000 pages, so I'm not going to pretend to have references. But if the coverage is accurate, and they're quoting the report, this is a Republican-led effort that says:

Putin ordered email hacks
Wikileaks worked with Russia to release emails
Wikileaks worked with Trump campaign to release emails
Trump campaign sought this assistance
The most senior campaign officials were referred for criminal conduct
Trump lied about his knowledge

I am not sure the distinction you are making from a criminal conspiracy with Russia. We have Russia, we have crimes, we have hidden contacts between the campaign and Russia to affect the outcome of the election.

Is the issue that you don't believe the findings, or that you think the findings are not criminal?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Yeah, ok, let's look at your link. Here's what it says, using verbatim quotes, of an "anonymous official":
Anonymous Official wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 pm the committee assessed that the president discussed hacked emails with his longtime associate Roger Stone
Assessed based on what? Were they there? Did they have a recording? What evidence is this assessment based on?
Senate Report wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 pm "While the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact of those materials to aid Trump's electoral prospects," the report said. "To do so, the Trump campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails; took steps to obtain inside information about the content of releases once WikiLeaks began to publish stolen information; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks."
Which is a long-winded way of saying that the Trump campaign looked for and tried to maximize the value of dirt on the Clinton campaign. No shit. Wow, that's revelatory. Unfortunately, for you, none of it is a crime.
NPC News wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:29 pmThe Republican and Democratic leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee made criminal referrals of Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon, Erik Prince and Sam Clovis to federal prosecutors in 2019, passing along their suspicions that the men may have misled the committee during their testimony,
In other words, facing a BS harassment campaign orchestrated by Obama-era drones, these guys may not have been honest with Congress. Now that is a crime, if it happened. A criminal referral to the Justice Department means Congress believes a matter warrants investigation for potential violation of the law. However, the Justice Department concluded that there was no crime, and no charges were ever brought.

So that's what the fuck I'm talking about. Campaigns look for dirt on their opponents all the time. It's not a crime, as long as you don't obtain it in a criminal way. It's not like they had any control over the Russians or WikiLeaks.

Then, the only angle of attack left for the ridiculous Democrats was to say that Trump associates weren't honest about it. In other words, not that they committed the original crime, only that they weren't forthcoming in the resulting investigation. But the Justice Department looked at those allegations and found them unsupportable and not worthy of bringing charges. At the bottom of all this sewage, all there are are allegations by anonymous sources.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

In other words, facing a BS harassment campaign orchestrated by Obama-era drones
How are Republican Senators Obama-era drones?