Wu Flu

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

newguy
Sgt. Major

Re: Wu Flu

Post by newguy »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:35 pm It's a lying ching chong study but...

SAR of 0.3% for asymptomatic.

If true, lmao at masks.

"Results:

Among 3410 close contacts, 127 (3.7% [95% CI, 3.1% to 4.4%]) were secondarily infected. Of these 127 persons, 8 (6.3% [CI, 2.1% to 10.5%]) were asymptomatic. Of the 119 symptomatic cases, 20 (16.8%) were defined as mild, 87 (73.1%) as moderate, and 12 (10.1%) as severe or critical. Compared with the household setting (10.3%), the secondary attack rate was lower for exposures in healthcare settings (1.0%; odds ratio [OR], 0.09 [CI, 0.04 to 0.20]) and on public transportation (0.1%; OR, 0.01 [CI, 0.00 to 0.08]). The secondary attack rate increased with the severity of index cases, from 0.3% (CI, 0.0 to 1.0%) for asymptomatic to 3.3% (CI, 1.8% to 4.8%) for mild, 5.6% (CI, 4.4% to 6.8%) for moderate, and 6.2% (CI, 3.2% to 9.1%) for severe or critical cases. Index cases with expectoration were associated with higher risk for secondary infection (13.6% vs. 3.0% for index cases without expectoration; OR, 4.81 [CI, 3.35 to 6.93])."

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-2671
I'm not sure how the above leads to lmao at masks?
Not trying to be dick, but trying to figure out your reasoning, because I see it and to me it reinforces the idea that masks are effective.

The conclusion from the study was that household transmission was the main setting for transmission of the virus (the setting where you don't wear a mask). And that you are less likely to get it in a health care setting/hospital, where you do wear a mask.

I was just in a conference/workshop last week with a high up at one of our local hospitals and he was going over what we know about safely opening up work settings, etc. One of his points was that out of all the cases they've from their hospital staff, well over half of those happened outside of work, and a high majority of the remaining cases were transmitted between staff at break rooms, etc. when people weren't wearing masks.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Masks are the closest we are going to get to magic manna.

That and super fast and cheap widespread testing (lick a strip and wait 15 minutes to find out if you are pregnant or contagious) and this thing goes away.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

vaccine is almost ready.
just wait a little.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

newguy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:54 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:35 pm It's a lying ching chong study but...

If true, lmao at masks.

"Results:

Among 3410 close contacts, 127 (3.7% [95% CI, 3.1% to 4.4%]) were secondarily infected. Of these 127 persons, 8 (6.3% [CI, 2.1% to 10.5%]) were asymptomatic. Of the 119 symptomatic cases, 20 (16.8%) were defined as mild, 87 (73.1%) as moderate, and 12 (10.1%) as severe or critical. Compared with the household setting (10.3%), the secondary attack rate was lower for exposures in healthcare settings (1.0%; odds ratio [OR], 0.09 [CI, 0.04 to 0.20]) and on public transportation (0.1%; OR, 0.01 [CI, 0.00 to 0.08]). The secondary attack rate increased with the severity of index cases, from 0.3% (CI, 0.0 to 1.0%) for asymptomatic to 3.3% (CI, 1.8% to 4.8%) for mild, 5.6% (CI, 4.4% to 6.8%) for moderate, and 6.2% (CI, 3.2% to 9.1%) for severe or critical cases. Index cases with expectoration were associated with higher risk for secondary infection (13.6% vs. 3.0% for index cases without expectoration; OR, 4.81 [CI, 3.35 to 6.93])."

Not trying to be dick, but trying to figure out your reasoning, because I see it and to me it reinforces the idea that masks are effective.

The conclusion from the study was that household transmission was the main setting for transmission of the virus (the setting where you don't wear a mask). And that you are less likely to get it in a health care setting/hospital, where you do wear a mask.

I was just in a conference/workshop last week with a high up at one of our local hospitals and he was going over what we know about safely opening up work settings, etc. One of his points was that out of all the cases they've from their hospital staff, well over half of those happened outside of work, and a high majority of the remaining cases were transmitted between staff at break rooms, etc. when people weren't wearing masks.
The rationale behind mask wearing for the general public was that infection via asymptomatics was sig. This study contradicts that.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:54 pm Masks are the closest we are going to get to magic manna.

That and super fast and cheap widespread testing (lick a strip and wait 15 minutes to find out if you are pregnant or contagious) and this thing goes away.
TRUE MASK WEARING HAS NEVER BEEN TRIED

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Trump's biggest failure is not setting up a new federal data collection agency staffed by actuaries.

The states are entitled to report however they want.

And the feds are entitled to demand from the states whatever they data they want.

But the variation just renders the data useless.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:41 pm

If true, lmao at masks.

"Results:

The rationale behind mask wearing for the general public was that infection via asymptomatics was sig. This study contradicts that.
IDK. I struggle to grasp the big picture on all of this.

Can we catch Covid from people are are asymptomatic? Is that a thing? And what would be conditions?

But one problem is that people are stupid as fuck and do not do a good job self reporting or regulating. I know several people who have been sick and were out and about. They ended up not having the covid, but what if they had? Would them wearing a mask protect others?

I mean, mild symptoms is symptomatic.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

newguy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:12 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:41 pm

If true, lmao at masks.

"Results:

IDK. I struggle to grasp the big picture on all of this.

Can we catch Covid from people are are asymptomatic? Is that a thing? And what would be conditions?

But one problem is that people are stupid as fuck and do not do a good job self reporting or regulating. I know several people who have been sick and were out and about. They ended up not having the covid, but what if they had? Would them wearing a mask protect others?

I mean, mild symptoms is symptomatic.
There are a lot of moving parts and some are chaotic. It is complicated.

And the truth is, we don't know very much about how respiratory viruses spread. Fwiw, I personally think the "outbreak" stage is not when the virus spreads. Symptoms are triggered by external factors (vitD etc etc?) and then we see the activation of latent/dormant viruses. The spread was sig (years?) prior to the outbreak. It's been noted for hundreds of years that the "spread" is too fast for sick to well transmission. And also the latitudinal differences in disease curves don't work very well if at all with sick to well transmission.

If the model is spread, then I think the primary vector is oral/fecal via superspreaders. But who tf knows? No one sadly. But it might be via aerosols or droplets.

That being said, we do know that the majority of infected ppl are asymptomatic. And I believe the overwhelming majority of infected are asymptomatic.

If these ppl, as the study suggests, are not transmitters in any meaningful sense and at the same time their infection contributed to herd resistance/immunity, masking them even if it works is either useless or counter-productive.

The logic is asypt spread unknowingly and eventually and inexorably spreads to vulnerable and then deaths. If no unknowing meaningful spread, then no practical influence on deaths of vulnerable. And, it might even extend the exposure of the vulnerable if the asympt are removed from herd resistance.

Your point about ppl being stupid when symptomatic is a separate issue.

It is obvious to me at this point that the accumulated wisdom of medical professionals was right: treat the sick, protect the vulnerable DIRECTLY and get to herd resistance ASAP.

At absolute best, masking ppl was an exercise in Rube Goldberg mechanics involving effecting psychology and calibrating fear. Which is what Fauci did with AIDS (heteros can get it too!) and what he is doing now. He consciously tries to maintain the optimal state of fear. Listen to him talk, he gives and takes away.

At worst, it is a tool to extend the time until Herd Resistance is reached in the hopes of forcing a probably useless vaccine on the populace for profit.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Mouse Study on infectious dose.

Looks like it causes severity of symptoms and also strength of future resistance.

I wonder what the doses would look like for humans as the large dose was 1000x the small dose?

https://jlb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi ... lb.1011490

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Amazon: profit up 100%
Walmart: profit up 80%
Target: profit up 80%
Lowe's: profit up 74%
Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, Google: stock at record high

Small businesses: 21% closed; revenue for rest down 30%

Way to fight for the little guy you fucking faggots! :axe:
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm Amazon: profit up 100%

There are no perverse incentives towards making this as bad as possible.

And if there were that's just the free market

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

We are fucked and there's no way to stop it. I just want to catch the next price movement.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

My holdings worth is up 60.80% through all of this, but all around me the people of the state are suffering badly. We've had 45 fucking deaths out of 6,000 cases and our Democratic government is frankly acting like we need to shelter in caves until the Earth is germ-free.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm Amazon: profit up 100%

I expect similar to happen to higher ed. Small colleges get kneecapped while big ones weather the storm.

In a pandemic, size matters unfortunately.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Yet you support a party that wants to make us welfare serfs of a corporate kleptocracy.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm Yet you support a party that wants to make us welfare serfs of a corporate kleptocracy.
I cannot understand how people don't see that the Democrat party is no longer the party of the working class or small business. If anything, it's destructive to strivers and those who value personal freedom.

That's true of a majority of Republican leaders too but their jackboots have a softer sole.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm Yet you support a party that wants to make us welfare serfs of a corporate kleptocracy.
I cannot understand how people don't see that the Democrat party is no longer the party of the working class or small business. If anything, it's destructive to strivers and those who value personal freedom.

That's true of a majority of Republican leaders too but their jackboots have a softer sole.
The GOP’s job is to silence white voters until they’ve been replaced. It's as simple as that. They are controlled opposition, non-different from the real powers behind the Democratic Party, and yes, I'm going to spoil the story: it's not black drag queens or the rest of the freak show. It's Jewish billionaires like Bloomberg, Soros, Steyer, Laufer, Tinklenberg, Simon, Marcus, etc. All of this is a matter of public record, so please don't come at me with bullshit accusations of antisemitism. Source: https://www.worth.com/the-top-10-billio ... 19-so-far/

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm
The destruction of labor unions has been a key stepping stone to where we are now, with a wealth inequality that is now at robber baron levels. Republicans led that charge.

You can only manipulate people with culture wars and freedoms for so long, before they demand change. We are getting there. Getting to a situation where striving isn’t enough.

Globalism has played a key role in all of this.

The pandemic has certainly exposed weakness in the whole globalism movement. That’s it’s silver lining?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pm The destruction of labor unions has been a key stepping stone to where we are now, with a wealth inequality that is now at robber baron levels. Republicans led that charge.
No. The Republicans have massive blood on their hands for a lot of things, but wealth inequality really skyrocketed during the Clinton years, as people became "digitally rich". The death of labor unions lies squarely on their own shoulders for the endless, shameless corruption and cronyism they bred.
nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pmYou can only manipulate people with culture wars and freedoms for so long, before they demand change. We are getting there. Getting to a situation where striving isn’t enough.
I thought you worked in academia? Yet you exhibit third grade-level sophistry. Abortion isn't a "culture war" it's killing babies. Acceptance of homosexuality IS the canary in the coal mine conservatives warned about, and now we have tranny children dancing in front of adults for money, drag queen story hours, pride flags on American embassies abroad, and a FAGGOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. LOL? Calling it "culture war" is disingenuous and dismissive; you have lapped up a top-down rewiring of public morality and called it "muh freedom". Normal people don't want to be reprogrammed.
nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pmGlobalism has played a key role in all of this.

The pandemic has certainly exposed weakness in the whole globalism movement. That’s it’s silver lining?
Globalism is just another word for internationalism. The head or the tail, it's the same snake. Brought to you by the same demonic forces that brought all of the above.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Baby killing happens much less when people have access to sex education and contraception. Also when women aren't slut shamed for being single mothers or have financial support. Regardless, full grown humans should have autonomy over their own bodies. If child can survive birth, they should be given a chance. But there are many reasons why a third trimester baby may have not developed in a way that makes life outside the womb possible.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ral-issue/

When the party of proliving ignores all of that, it really comes down to a hollow politics-only stance.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Blah blah blah babykiller.

All this eugenics and birth control talk has ever done is reduce white births.

Enough is enough.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:57 pm
nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pm The destruction of labor unions has been a key stepping stone to where we are now, with a wealth inequality that is now at robber baron levels. Republicans led that charge.
No. The Republicans have massive blood on their hands for a lot of things, but wealth inequality really skyrocketed during the Clinton years, as people became "digitally rich". The death of labor unions lies squarely on their own shoulders for the endless, shameless corruption and cronyism they bred.
nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pmYou can only manipulate people with culture wars and freedoms for so long, before they demand change. We are getting there. Getting to a situation where striving isn’t enough.
I thought you worked in academia? Yet you exhibit third grade-level sophistry. Abortion isn't a "culture war" it's killing babies. Acceptance of homosexuality IS the canary in the coal mine conservatives warned about, and now we have tranny children dancing in front of adults for money, drag queen story hours, pride flags on American embassies abroad, and a FAGGOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. LOL? Calling it "culture war" is disingenuous and dismissive; you have lapped up a top-down rewiring of public morality and called it "muh freedom". Normal people don't want to be reprogrammed.
nafod wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pmGlobalism has played a key role in all of this.

Globalism is just another word for internationalism. The head or the tail, it's the same snake. Brought to you by the same demonic forces that brought all of the above.
High five brother!

I'd have just insulted him.

But, well said.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:42 pm An important thing we don't know but need to know:

For each death attributed to covid when was the illness acquired and when was the date of death.
Well AZ has admitted to coding anyone who dies for whatever reason within 60days of testing positive as a Covid death.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:57 pm
Google on “Koch Brothers” and “Right To Work”. The assault on labor unions has been a long term conservative project, decades of dollars and effort, with mission accomplished in 2018 with the Janus decision.

As for corruption, I’m pretty sure it’d be impossible to beat Trump.

Want to see Hillary in jail? Convince Trump to hire her.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Here is NJ's approach: 30day catchall and then very vague stds thereafter.