What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat »

Now Corruption Story Is About Joe, Not Hunter
How long can the media blackout continue?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/now-corrup ... 1603392288
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 pm
Herv100 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm Tony B will be Trumps guest at the debate tonight!
LOL!
Totally consistent with his claim that he's an apolitical patriot eager to return to irrelevance.
Looks like he brought the receipts!

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Herv100 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 am
Herv100 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm Tony B will be Trumps guest at the debate tonight!
LOL!
Totally consistent with his claim that he's an apolitical patriot eager to return to irrelevance.
No it doesn't. Big WSJ story finally drops... opinion section again.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

I don't think the debate changed any minds.
Joe is less senile than I expected and he's having success with his rope a dope strategy.
I think he may have lost Pennsylvania & Ohio though.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

LOL, the WSJ news page slaps down the WSJ editorial page
"Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture." https://wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens- ... 1603421247 via @WSJ
I watched the debate for a bit. I agree, Donk, people's minds are made up.

I already voted.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:36 am
Herv100 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 am
LOL!
No it doesn't. Big WSJ story finally drops... opinion section again.
What doesn’t do what? I meant the guy turned his cell phones and computer over to Congress. Reading comprehension. Were you responding to a different post?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

WSJ has allegedly been working on this big bombshell. They let an opinion writer put it out (no standards for vetting), and 12 hours later their own news department debunked in.

It seems like they want to CYA when it falls apart but still give it a chance to break into the news cycle.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm WSJ has allegedly been working on this big bombshell. They let an opinion writer put it out (no standards for vetting), and 12 hours later their own news department debunked in.

It seems like they want to CYA when it falls apart but still give it a chance to break into the news cycle.
I'd suggest that there hasn't been time to even begin to investigate this. The corporate media complex decided that there was nothing to see here very prematurely - essentially immediately.

Massive dereliction of duty IMO.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Last night, Biden basically he said he wants to raise taxes, end the oil industry, and possibly shut the country down again.

Bold strategy, Cotton.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:37 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm WSJ has allegedly been working on this big bombshell. They let an opinion writer put it out (no standards for vetting), and 12 hours later their own news department debunked in.

I'd suggest that there hasn't been time to even begin to investigate this. The corporate media complex decided that there was nothing to see here very prematurely - essentially immediately.

Massive dereliction of duty IMO.
If you look at similar stories, they are usually worked on for months before they hit the press. The reporters work all of the threads, offer the target an opportunity to respond, compile it all together. Months. Meanwhile we hear nothing.

Here, we're supposed to go from perv Rudy dropping off a laptop of ludicrous provenance to fully documented report in hours?

Trump doesn't want an investigation, he wants to announce an investigation. Too little too late.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

The left won’t care. They’ll use this or health to 25th amendment Biden if they are to win

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Hunter is definitely a sketchy dude

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Trump announces Israel and Sudan normalize relations: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/23/politics ... index.html

And then: BREAKING UPDATE: President Trump has just announced that at least five additional countries want to join in a peace deal with Israel, and says Saudi Arabia is one of them. Says there will be a big signing event at the Whitehouse.

Source:

The absolute madman is going to do more for peace in the middle east than the past five presidents combined.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

That's some fascinating stuff. If Uncle Joe is smart, he'll surf that accomplishment.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

No SPELLS, what the WSJ said was that corporate records they reviewed show no role for Joe Biden in the China business venture. Which is what the laptop files had already indicated. After all, is there supposed to be a corporate officer position for "the guy we're bribing"? Would that go in the annual report to investors?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Oh look, the Examiner has picked up the story now. Jeeze, bad timing, huh?

One of the bigger deals pursued by Hunter Biden and his associates was related to a joint venture dubbed “Oneida Holdings” — an attempted partnership between Hunter and Jim Biden, Bobulinski’s SinoHawk company, and since-bankrupted Chinese energy conglomerate CEFC China Energy.

Others, like one addressed to Ye Jianming, the former chairman of the CEFC, explicitly mentioned the unique benefits of working with members of the Biden family.

“When I heard your personal story and CEFC's global focus on building bridges between the United States, China and other countries I was inspired,” Bobulinski wrote on June 15, 2017. “I am a former US Naval Nuclear Power Officer and have spent my entire career after the military investing money around the world with and for some of the world's wealthiest families. I look forward to leveraging those relationships along with the political and strategic value of the Biden family…”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-dealings

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Another damning email on the Ukraine par for play side, can’t post from my phone

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

No one on this board is going to convince anyone else to vote for someone other than their guy. That said, this obsession with Hunter Biden amuses me to no end. Let's apply the same journalistic/evidentiary standards you're using and apply them to Trump. How about:
-a "gift" of $10M in cash from Egypt to Trump
-Trump's bank account in China
-Trump's tax records and dodgy deductions for himself and his family
-The fuck ton of money owed by Trump, Inc to foreign governments, including Russia
-Trump jamming through a $25B no bid deal to Gingrich and other cronies

etc., etc. All all of that is 'fake news', but somehow Hunter Biden will herald the end of democracy? Hunter Biden is trading off dad's name-no doubt-but let's look at Trump's kids.

Anyway, all of this is shouting into the well.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

lasalle wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm No one on this board is going to convince anyone else to vote for someone other than their guy. That said, this obsession with Hunter Biden amuses me to no end. Let's apply the same journalistic/evidentiary standards you're using and apply them to Trump. How about:
-The fuck ton of money owed by Trump, Inc to foreign governments, including Russia

etc., etc. All all of that is 'fake news', but somehow Hunter Biden will herald the end of democracy? Hunter Biden is trading off dad's name-no doubt-but let's look at Trump's kids.

Showing the Biden’s are blackmailable is just icing on the cake. Biden is worse in nearly every way and every issue. Look at the 2nd Amendment alone. Vote Biden if you want to be relegated to lever actions and revolvers, 1800’s technology, like a chump.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Herv, is Trump blackmail-able? Anybody have leverage on him?

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Don’t know. But anti-commie Chinese are dropping hidden camera videos of Hunter IN CHINA doing crack and fucking hoes of unknown age. They have stuff on them.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Herv100 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:16 pm
lasalle wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm No one on this board is going to convince anyone else to vote for someone other than their guy. That said, this obsession with Hunter Biden amuses me to no end. Let's apply the same journalistic/evidentiary standards you're using and apply them to Trump. How about:

Showing the Biden’s are blackmailable is just icing on the cake. Biden is worse in nearly every way and every issue. Look at the 2nd Amendment alone. Vote Biden if you want to be relegated to lever actions and revolvers, 1800’s technology, like a chump.
LOL....I don't care who anyone likes or doesn't like. But bullshit on the idea that joe fucking biden is going to be the president who ends gun ownership in america. That's your standard fox news fear mongering. Maybe the boogaloo bois won't be able to carry their assault rifles to polling subway, but there will still be guns. Don't worry about that.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

newguy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:40 pm
Herv100 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:16 pm

LOL....I don't care who anyone likes or doesn't like. But bullshit on the idea that joe fucking biden is going to be the president who ends gun ownership in america. That's your standard fox news fear mongering. Maybe the boogaloo bois won't be able to carry their assault rifles to polling subway, but there will still be guns. Don't worry about that.
Where did I say thereby would be no guns? Go back and read again. Reading comprehension. Enjoy grandpa’s six shooter for defense. LMAO

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Old man Biden called a lid again today, like most days the last month. Dude has sundowners and needs high dose adderal to even speak, and he still gaffes constantly. Couldn’t remember Kim Jong Un or Mitt Romney’s name. Like Joe Rogan said. Choosing Biden for President is like taking a flashlight with dying batteries for a long walk in the wood at night.
Last edited by Herv100 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Behold the greatest and scariest gaffe yet