Space-Time Modification Weapon

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Space-Time Modification Weapon

Post by Fat Cat »

New Freedom of Information Act releases provide unprecedented insights not just into how seriously the Navy took Dr. Pais's work, but also exactly how elements of it were actually tested at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars and where the program may have ended up. The materials even include mention of a "Spacetime Modification Weapon (SMW- a weapon that can make the Hydrogen bomb seem more like a firecracker, in comparison)."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... al-testing
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Sua Sponte
Gunny

Re: Space-Time Modification Weapon

Post by Sua Sponte »

A few hundred $k isn't much for a defense project. For this, at any amount, it's a waste. And it's a joke.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Good name for a specialty beer.

I could see them throwing a bone to the PI, and letting the team do some fun hands on engineering. It’s own reward.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Sua Sponte wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:45 pm A few hundred $k isn't much for a defense project. For this, at any amount, it's a waste. And it's a joke.
You ain't kidding about that $400k expenditure, but the interest shown by Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division is interesting and suggests there might be more that we aren't seeing. Remember that all of this was via a FOIA request(s) and a lot of things national security-related are not subject to that law.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Sua Sponte
Gunny

Post by Sua Sponte »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:56 pm You ain't kidding about that $400k expenditure, but the interest shown by Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division is interesting and suggests there might be more that we aren't seeing. Remember that all of this was via a FOIA request(s) and a lot of things national security-related are not subject to that law.
All sorts of bizarre ideas get funded by DARPA and other agencies. Pie in the sky....but just in case, let's have a look. Maybe that's what this is. There's no real physics behind this that I can see. No real mechanism present to create such a field. Without going into E&M, not sure how energy would be conserved.

Edit: Digging a little deeper this looks a type of fusion reactor. Not sure what would be special about it.
Last edited by Sua Sponte on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sua Sponte
Gunny

Post by Sua Sponte »

nafod wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:48 pm Good name for a specialty beer.
Heh.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Sua Sponte wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 am
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:56 pm You ain't kidding about that $400k expenditure, but the interest shown by Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division is interesting and suggests there might be more that we aren't seeing. Remember that all of this was via a FOIA request(s) and a lot of things national security-related are not subject to that law.
All sorts of bizarre ideas get funded by DARPA and other agencies. Pie in the sky....but just in case, let's have a look. Maybe that's what this is. There's no real physics behind this that I can see. No real mechanism present to create such a field. Without going into E&M, not sure how energy would be conserved.

Edit: Digging a little deeper this looks a type of fusion reactor. Not sure what would be special about it.
Ya, I don't have the time or background to really understand what I'm reading.

Sua Sponte
Gunny

Post by Sua Sponte »

I do have the background, could probably manage to find some time to go deeper, but I don't have the motivation because my sense that it's a misunderstanding of basic principles runs deep. Could be wrong, don't think I am.