Biden's America: Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Biden's America: Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa

Post by Fat Cat »

Colorado authorities released the identity of the alleged Boulder supermarket shooter on Tuesday morning. Ahmad Alissa, 21, is accused of opening fire and killing 10 people during the Monday massacre.

Boulder Police named the Arvada, Colorado, resident as the injured suspect seen in video following the deadly mass shooting Monday at a King Soopers supermarket. The man allegedly opened fire on customers and killed a Boulder police officer, 51-year-old Eric Talley, during the shooting. The deceased victims range in age from 20 years old to 65 years old. A law enforcement press release identified his full name as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa. A Facebook page appearing to be that of the suspect features posts with quotes from the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

His brother described the alleged shooter as "very anti-social" and exhibiting behavior consistent with mental illness.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-ahmad-alis ... ry-1578119

Arab guy born in Syria. At first I was thinking lone wolf terrorist, but listening to the description of the assailant provided by his family, he's more likely mentally ill. Terrible day for Colorado, either way.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Biden's America: Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa

Post by johno »

I blame the gun.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's certainly time that we gave serious consideration to banning murder. But this is bigger than that. Why is a gun toting Syrian safe to shoot up grocery stores in Biden's America?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I read an article a few years back about the lack of opportunities in Tunisia.

And how many young men there become susceptible to radical Islam.

If you're a lonely 21-year old with no job or purpose in life, a trip to the promised land with virgins waiting for you will be more appealing.

I'm not saying this guy was radicalized, he just sounds mentally ill...but what it did make me conscious of was how vulnerable anyone is when isolated and purposeless (like that guy in Atlanta who shot up the massage parlors).

Here's the article if anyone's interested:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016 ... rab-spring
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Why is a gun toting anyone safe to shoot up grocery stores in America?
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Bram wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 pm Why is a gun toting anyone safe to shoot up grocery stores in America?
What do you suggest?
A Department of PreCrime, ala Minority Report? Mandatory bible class for all citizens?
OR...mandatory concealed carry for all adult citizens? (My favorite.)

W.B. Yeats

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:23 pm
Bram wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 pm Why is a gun toting anyone safe to shoot up grocery stores in America?
What do you suggest?
A Department of PreCrime, ala Minority Report? Mandatory bible class for all citizens?
OR...mandatory concealed carry for all adult citizens? (My favorite.)
What do you realistically suggest?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

johno wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pmI blame the gun.
Why? Did it entice him to go on a shooting spree?
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:38 pm What do you realistically suggest?
I suggest that we make military pattern rifles as illegal as Marijuana.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:58 pm It's certainly time that we gave serious consideration to banning murder. But this is bigger than that. Why is a gun toting Syrian safe to shoot up grocery stores in Biden's America?
There is some discussion that concealed carry was banned in that store. Target rich environment.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Because a free society is inherently risky. People have freedom to do things like consume alcohol, drive automobiles, and own firearms, and with those freedoms come risks.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ban assault Arabs!

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Interesting how the media has gotten both narratives wrong on the two most recent shootings and has made almost no effort to correct them.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Turdacious wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 pm Interesting how the media has gotten both narratives wrong on the two most recent shootings and has made almost no effort to correct them.
Interesting, if by that you mean no surprise at all, then yes. MSM in America is beyond Pravda, unable to grasp how obsolete and distrusted they are.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:12 am
Turdacious wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 pm Interesting how the media has gotten both narratives wrong on the two most recent shootings and has made almost no effort to correct them.
Interesting, if by that you mean no surprise at all, then yes. MSM in America is beyond Pravda, unable to grasp how obsolete and distrusted they are.
I'm just waiting for the stories about which community in the US hates Asians the most.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Oh well it's a given that white supremacy is the root cause of blacks assaulting Asian-Americans. And everybody else. Unfortunately, I am physically unable to stop being white or supreme, so that's too bad.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

We have two problems:

1. weapons -- primarily certain kinds of guns....but all kinds...plus knives, bombs, etc.
2. people who want to turn them on randoms

The solution seems to be to address both as well as possible.

Mental health could be addressed in many ways, plus banning/restricting certain kinds of weapons.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bram wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 am We have two problems:

1. weapons -- primarily certain kinds of guns....but all kinds...plus knives, bombs, etc.
2. people who want to turn them on randoms

The solution seems to be to address both as well as possible.

Mental health could be addressed in many ways, plus banning/restricting certain kinds of weapons.
The idea that any complex problem has one or two causes is naive. The idea that all shootings of a certain number of people or more have the same cause is naive. The idea that guns are the problem is naive. The idea that people who want to turn guns on people is naive. The idea that there is some "way" to handle mental health that doesn't cripple basic freedoms is naive.

I submit to you that naiveté is a poor platform for solving complex problems, and not all problems have solutions.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:14 am The idea that any complex problem has one or two causes is naive.
If you analyze it as a failure/disaster/mishap, the idea that there weren't many mechanisms and opportunities to break the chain of events leading up to the shooting is naïve. To include mental health issues ignored and ready access provided to the means to kill lots of people fast and easy.
Don’t believe everything you think.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

About the "means"

The media, Biden, and the Left are currently on a jihad against "assault rifles." If experience shows that just as much damage can be done with an ordinary handgun, do you still favor an "assault rifle" ban? If so, on what basis?

W.B. Yeats

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:14 am
The idea that any complex problem has one or two causes is naive. The idea that all shootings of a certain number of people or more have the same cause is naive. The idea that guns are the problem is naive. The idea that people who want to turn guns on people is naive. The idea that there is some "way" to handle mental health that doesn't cripple basic freedoms is naive.

I submit to you that naiveté is a poor platform for solving complex problems, and not all problems have solutions.
This is unconvincing.

Weapons + people that use them on others = the problem

Mental health is a huge umbrella, as is physical health, but we can break it down into a few major categories (I’m riffing, so I’m sure I’m missing some):

Purpose
Connection
Empathy

Helping people find purpose, connect to one another, and have empathy for others — none of these impinge on any freedoms.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bram wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:56 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:14 am

This is unconvincing.

Weapons + people that use them on others = the problem

Mental health is a huge umbrella, as is physical health, but we can break it down into a few major categories (I’m riffing, so I’m sure I’m missing some):

Purpose
Connection
Empathy

Helping people find purpose, connect to one another, and have empathy for others — none of these impinge on any freedoms.
If it's unconvincing it's because you have already decided what the problem is and what the solution is, and without reference to facts.

In 2018 there were 14,441 firearm homicides in the USA: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

By that measure, weapons aren't even close to being a public health problem in comparison to:

-Automobiles (2019): 36,096; see: https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/20 ... rojections
-Smoking (2018): 480,000; see: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statis ... /index.htm
-Sugar (2017): 83,564; see: https://www.singlecare.com/blog/news/di ... tatistics/
-Alcohol (avg. 2011-2015): 95,158; see: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6939a6.htm
-Doctor s (2016): 251,000; see: https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/05/03/medical- ... -of-death/

Here are the ten leading causes of death in the USA; firearms are not represented: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leadin ... -death.htm

You may not like guns, but there is no evidence at all that they represent a significant public health threat, or that there is any rationale to curb people's freedoms in order to address them. If there were, then you would start by banning cars, sugar, cigarettes, booze, and DOCTORS.

Finally, if we all followed my immigration recommendations, this shooting never would have happened because there would be no Syrians in the USA.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Most of the shootings occurred in economically downtrodden neighborhoods. These shootings, by and large, are not a middle-class phenomenon.

The divide is racial as well. Among the cases examined by The Times were 39 domestic violence shootings, and they largely involved white attackers and victims. So did many of the high-profile massacres, including a wild shootout between Texas biker gangs that left nine people dead and 18 wounded.

Over all, though, nearly three-fourths of victims and suspected assailants whose race could be identified were black. Some experts suggest that helps explain why the drumbeat of dead and wounded does not inspire more outrage.

“Clearly, if it’s black-on-black, we don’t get the same attention because most people don’t identify with that. Most Americans are white,” said James Alan Fox, a professor of criminology at Northeastern University in Boston. “People think, ‘That’s not my world. That’s not going to happen to me.’ ”

Here is an article on the reality of "mass shootings" from the hard-left NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/23/us/a ... lence.html

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Literally A WEEK AGO we had a mass shooting by another 21-year old in Atlanta, done by an American born vs. the Boulder shooter -- and the Boulder guy immigrated here when he was 2 or 3 years old.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bram wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 pm Literally A WEEK AGO we had a mass shooting by another 21-year old in Atlanta, done by an American born vs. the Boulder shooter -- and the Boulder guy immigrated here when he was 2 or 3 years old.
Neckbeards need to go, too. No argument from me.