We have a few Brits here, right?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I must admit to being wildly uninformed when it comes to all things British politics, but what's the deal with the PM just straight up bailing on the gig? Do you guys have a borderline retarded #2 like we do here in the States? Will this have greater implication for Euros? I only axe on account of being a retard. Shalom & what not.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Luke

Post by Luke »

Was it a bad decision she made or did she read scan the books and said "fuck it, we're all screwed" and bailed?

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I only follow this a little but here's a possibility. The powers that be want lots of taxes and lots of control. Liz Truss went off the reservation so the media and other institutions moved against her. Then her party panicked. Why she quit though, I have no idea. I don't know why she didn't tell the party they have to live with her for another 11 months before they can throw her out with a no confidence vote. Maybe they were applying pressure we don't know about?

Topic author
Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

That has to be at least part of it, right? The pressure we don't see? Seems rather drastic from the perspective of a Yankee.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Here's a different take than what you see in the Telegraph --

https://unherd.com/2022/10/why-the-left ... lebrating/

"The truth is that Truss and Kwarteng, and their free-market ideologues, were also waging their personal battle against economic orthodoxy and its technocratic gatekeepers — the Bank of England, the Treasury and the Office of Budget Responsibility. "

I don't agree with the author's take on most of this, but that part feels right.

Edit: I should have been more precise. I don't see that Liz Truss has had any consistent agenda other than her own career, but I do think her departure from the globalist agenda is what led to her downfall.