Andrew Huberman NY Mag Article

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Beyond one interview on fitness, which I didn't finish, I've never listened to him. But I know a few people that rave about him, and take his advice as gospel.

It will be interesting how this shakes out. If he was indeed sleeping with six women simultaneously, and telling each they were in a monogamous relationship, that's some high-level weirdo shit.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Luke

Post by Luke »

I'm starting to think there really is a tendency now to go after any of these types that crossed Rogan's orbit, look a bit conservative and not look like an NPR health reporter dweeb.

Can't shake the feeling it's nerds vs. jocks.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I saw that Russel Brand is pushing that narrative. But not a lot of other people are. By the end of April, it should be clearer whether this was a factual hit piece or fictitious. Also, have to see how Huberman responds.

Boris

Post by Boris »

I don't know - as soon as the guy stepped out of his lane (immediately after he gained some popularity - at least that was my perception) and started giving advice on everything including (iirc) getting jacked and relationships, I thought "this guy is full of shit".

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Speaking from my own experiences as a rube, there's an audience hungry for being told what to do.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Boris wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 pm I don't know - as soon as the guy stepped out of his lane (immediately after he gained some popularity - at least that was my perception) and started giving advice on everything including (iirc) getting jacked and relationships, I thought "this guy is full of shit".
Yeah, he originally appeared to be professional and innocuous, then the grift vibes started emanating from him. I think there are far, far worse grifters out there, most without his scientific background, but still.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

The thing that put me off AH isn't that he thinks he's an expert on everything but that he speaks like no one besides him has ever read anything or knows anything. He explains
the simplest concepts
like he's talking to
extremely dumb and ignorant people,
and what he's saying is something that he alone, in his lab at Stanford (which he mentions EMOM) has discovered for the benefit of the masses who would be utterly lost without his revelations.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Huberman was trying to market gym operational process and someone told him to market to consumers instead where the money was.

IGx should be inoculated against these fucking clowns. The evolution of Matt Furey to this guy is a straight line.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Great point, Spells. IGx 100% made me immune to whatever the fuck whoever this guy is trying to push. Not that I'm some incurious know-it-all, I just have a keen bullshit detector. Guys like this don't even land on my radar. Case in point: this is the first I've heard of him.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Yet another wellness-influencer had an expose written about them recently. Learn more about Jay Shetty! Maybe one of you can sign up for his Life Coaching program for 7400$ and give us the details:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... elp-empire