Alright homos, let's talk Homeland again.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Alright homos, let's talk Homeland again.

Post by Shapecharge »

Did anybody watch the premier two episodes last night? Our man Quinn is on the edge of losing it. I thought both episodes were awesome. Let's hope they can maintain.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Alright homos, let's talk Homeland again.

Post by baffled »

I'm not getting roped back in.

I know we're bros and all, but I can't do it. Between work and going back to school, I'm not going down that path. I won't have the emotional reservoir to withstand the inevitable free fall.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Dang. Alright brother I understand. And you're most likely right but I'll take the pain.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Somebody's gotta wear it. I appreciate your willingness to get in on that.

I work in the ghetto now, so I may be carving out time to get into The Wire.

Really one of the best shows ever?
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Seems like it's on every critics list as the very best or top 5. I've never watched it. Almost feel I have to now. My work environment is filled with the most somnolent un-hip douches...I mean they're all alright people but they just don't do anything...maybe go to church 5 nights a week? Anyway I don't have anyone to rap with about stuff like this.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Shapecharge wrote:Seems like it's on every critics list as the very best or top 5. I've never watched it. Almost feel I have to now. My work environment is filled with the most somnolent un-hip douches...I mean they're all alright people but they just don't do anything...maybe go to church 5 nights a week? Anyway I don't have anyone to rap with about stuff like this.
You want to get a Wire thread going and we can swap opinions? Maybe talk shoes and shit?
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

baffled wrote:I work in the ghetto now, so I may be carving out time to get into The Wire.

Think of it as a five season long Baltimore tourism video. And yes.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

The Wire is the best show evah!

Homeland 1st episode was good, second was a bit slow w/ the action but had some decent plot developments with Carrie putting the screws to Lockhart. I can't believe she almost drowned the fuckin baby. Which reminds me, can we talk about how awesome the casting director is for finding that buttass ugly child that looks like Brody? Carrie, your baby, woof! Actually, that kid kinda looks like it could be the multi-spawn of Buzz, Brody, and Carrie now that I think about it.

+

+

=

Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Fuzzy for the fuckin' win! This is hilarious on so many levels. So the wife and I are sitting on the couch watching this shit and I'm thinking, damn, I hope that kid grows grows out of that but I don't say anything. And I look over at my wife, who's a typical chick and doesn't want to be mean about shit just blurts out, "holy shit that's an ugly fucking kid!" I busted a gut over that one. Then the one guy at work that watches it says his wife said the same thing. The entire viewing public probably said the same thing. Maybe the attemped drowning wasn't an act...maybe Claire Danes just said, fuck man I've got to kill this kid.

Baff you fucker, I take shoes very seriously!

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

baffled wrote:Somebody's gotta wear it. I appreciate your willingness to get in on that.

I work in the ghetto now, so I may be carving out time to get into The Wire.

Yes!
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I wasn't impressed with season 1 of the Wire.

I haven't gone back, though I keep thinking I will.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Shapecharge wrote:Fuzzy for the fuckin' win! This is hilarious on so many levels. So the wife and I are sitting on the couch watching this shit and I'm thinking, damn, I hope that kid grows grows out of that but I don't say anything. And I look over at my wife, who's a typical chick and doesn't want to be mean about shit just blurts out, "holy shit that's an ugly fucking kid!" I busted a gut over that one. Then the one guy at work that watches it says his wife said the same thing. The entire viewing public probably said the same thing. Maybe the attemped drowning wasn't an act...maybe Claire Danes just said, fuck man I've got to kill this kid.

Baff you fucker, I take shoes very seriously!
Hey now. So do I. Thinking of rocking some Nikes for the first time in 6 years.

Discuss.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I've been rocking a pair of Kenneth Cole boots on Fridays when I wear jeans. They have a higher heel though that makes me feel like Prince a little bit. This is serious.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

When you say you feel like Prince, do you mean you walk like him? Talk like him? Fuck or get fucked like him?

I usually go with boat shoes and a timberland button down on casual, jeans wearing Friday. I have 3 pairs of top siders. I want a fourth.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

You are channeling my younger self my Asian brother. I was a big top sider guy years back so I feel where you're coming from here.

With that higher heel on my boots I feel like wearing shirts with very puffy sleeves. It's hard to find clothes in purple. I'm trying. Got one Calvin Klein polo style in purple so I need to control this Prince thing that I didn't know I had going on till now.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

The Top Siders are great. For some reason, I get asked if I'm a cop or was in the military 4 or 5 times per day. It's probably more on casual days, and it's not an exaggeration.

re: Purple. How do you think a paisley and dark purple vest would work when you go out for after work drinks on Friday nights? http://www.thepurplestore.com/cgi-bin/p ... e_id=14964

A few options that may catch your attention here http://www.thepurplestore.com/men.shtml

If you're feeling like Prince and dipping your thumbs in on the purple clothing, go 2 knuckles deep. Don't stop at the nail.
- Buck Brannaman