Big Jambox vs Bose Soundlink

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Big Jambox vs Bose Soundlink

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Bose. Hands down. I really like the aesthetics of the Big Jambox, but the sound of the Bose Soundlink was so much better. (MP3s and streaming music)

Nothing an audiophile like BobW would jump at the get rid of his stacks, but for a portable, bluetooth speaker, the Soundlink kills the Big Jambox.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Re: Big Jambox vs Bose Soundlink

Post by seeahill »

Agreed. I shopped them both and went with the Bose. I've had it for over a year. No problems.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Had a soundlink for a few years, the original, the one with the thing you have to plug into your usb port, it doesn't work on bluetooth etc. Anyway that shit the bed after like 2.5 yrs so I shopped around for one. Wasn't impressed with the big jambox at all. The newest soundlink doesn't sound bad but it aint great for the price. It really smooths out a lot of things that shouldn't necessarily be smoothed out and the bass is full but I felt that I didn't want to throw that much money at the problem. The Dr. Dre beats boombox, or whatever the fuck it is called, actually didn't sound bad at all. Better than the Bose but $100 more. I picked up the Soundfreaq Soundkick for $89. It doesn't sound quite as good as the Bose but damn close (actually mid tones sound better) but at 1/3 of the price it was a no brainer.
Shut the fuck up and train

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Someone mentioned an Altec Lansing portable speaker as being excellent, not as basey as the Bose but with better. Mods and highs

My hearing is fucked anyway