Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Blue Bloods

Post by Turdacious »

Police procedural drama with a twist-- it centers around a family of NYC cops spanning three generations. It's not in the same league as The Shield, The Wire, or any of the British police series. The plots are contrived, but for what it is (a family friendly network TV show), it's watchable.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

SubClaw

Re: Blue Bloods

Post by SubClaw »

After a few episodes, all that sweetness gave me diabetes. The only thing I really liked was Tom Selleck's performance.

Family shows and Disney movies make me feel like puking rainbows.

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

SubClaw wrote:After a few episodes, all that sweetness gave me diabetes. The only thing I really liked was Tom Selleck's performance.

Family shows and Disney movies make me feel like puking rainbows.

They locked the formula down third season-- generally multiple independent plots that somehow flow together into a coherent episode. Wahlberg's character gets better written as the series goes on. Considering that it's an hour long show with largely independent episodes, it's impressive. Main cast is solid, and the supporting cast is surprisingly good-- they develop and remove supporting characters at good times. As far as Americans network TV police procedural dramas go, this is as good as it gets.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Turdacious wrote: As far as Americans network TV police procedural dramas go, this is as good as it gets.
Put down the pipe, son.

How this show ever made it to a third season is beyond me.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

The clanking of the silverware on the china during Sunday dinners makes me fucking crazy on that show.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

i'd like to stick it in the daughter.

i liked the episode about body cams on the cops. they said it was insulting to make such an honorable force as the NYPD wear them. that's the real fiction.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:The clanking of the silverware on the china during Sunday dinners makes me fucking crazy on that show.
Holy shit I hate that in shows. The only thing worse is outdoor nature shows where they are sitting around the campfire clattering their tin cookware and you can here them scraping the possum shank off a fork with their teeth.
Don’t believe everything you think.